TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in an accident earlier this winter. Most of the impact was on the front of the drivers side tire. However, the car had momentum from left to right when we hit. So, along with bumper and fender damage, my steering wheel is no longer at 12 o'clock when traveling straight down the road. It is at maybe 1or2 o'clock. The insurance company, without any investigation, claimed my frame was bent. I find this hard to believe, what do you all think?
I'm going to get an alignment done next week to give me an idea...

If anyone has an old bumper, or lunar mist fender they'd like to sell, I'd be happy to talk business... THANKS

2001 Xtra Cab, 2.7l

·
Registered
469 Posts
If the insurance says it's bent why didn't they get it fixed on a frame rack? I would at least want it checked (I can send you a pdf of the measurements for the xtra cab frame so you could check yourself). From what people say about needing to reinforce the front frame for winching, I'd say that an accident like you described could have bent it, but no one can say for sure without looking at the truck itself and measuring it.

Might just be a bent tie rod end or something too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My email is [email protected] if you could send those measurements. That'd be a great help. Thanks

Being in school, I'm strapped for cash and trying make sure I'm not going to get charged for something that isn't wrong. I have done all my own car work thus far and because it's a frame issue, this is the first time I need to get something done by a shop. If its not the frame, then I can tackle it myself. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts