TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
elliot_irwin said:
it takes energy to make energy. how you get out more than you put in is beyond me. i still say energy solutions will likely come from fusion.
X2

·
Registered
553 Posts
Like they mention there... 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics... (course i'm currently in actually.. )...

The thing I think that most are failing to consider is that nothing on Earth is naturally magnetic. So, to create a giant magnet that will do something... means you have to put an ass-ton of energy into it, and re-align all of the iron alloy molecules in the right direction, which gives you the magnetic force.. so there's your energy in--

I'd be willing to bet that what they've created is an extremely efficient machine, but not an energy creator... just my .02

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've heard about these guys before. I don't care if it's free energy or not; if it's efficient and reduces our need for foreign oil, then I am ALL for it. The people that are threatening them for trying to prove their technology are minds from the dark ages and really need to be slapped across the face with a louisville slugger for being such mindless cockmongers.

When it comes down to it, I hope they're right! I won't agree with or deny their claim until impartial experts have examined the energy flow and stated their findings.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
elliot_irwin said:
it takes energy to make energy. how you get out more than you put in is beyond me. i still say energy solutions will likely come from fusion.
Technically that isn't quite true if one subscribes to the accepted idea that "energy can neither be created nor destroyed." More accurately, it takes energy to convert/harness/collect energy. I'm not disagreeing, just clarifying.
Currently energy comes at a high cost due to inefficient processing but renewable sources such as wind, wave, hydro and solar require only construction and maintenance, whereas nuke and coal require the prior plus fuel and produce pollution, not to mention the [ever shrinking] safety risk. (We learned a hell of a lot from Chernobyl and Three Mile Island...but history is often lost on us these days).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts