TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how was it?

I know my day on Sunday was awesome! I'm not exactly sure how much of the new land we covered, but I burnt through more than a half a tank of gas. That's what I normally go through on a good 3 day weekend at RC. :D

I heard Jordan's radiator literally blew up! That sucks!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
So how was it?

I heard Jordan's radiator literally blew up! That sucks!
it sucked for brad too. He opened the hood exactly as it blew. His hands and belly got burned.

I got stuck and almost slid off pizza rock sidways. I had to winch with a snatch block to drive off safely. Avy has the pics I took none. Joe and his buddy paul kicked total ass. We also failed coming up the pole line from the west side

·
Registered
157 Posts
We definitly got to experience some ball freezing weather Saturday night. Holy shit was it cold! Andy, I must have told Paul three times how lucky we were to air up when we did, thanks so much. It would have majorly sucked to do it early Sunday morning at the gas station. CB's and onboard air of some kind are on the list of future plans.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what the temps were at at RC, but they were 8 at Shamokin. BUT....there was no wind, so it wasn't that bad at all. Well at least until the wind picked up right as we were driving back to the staging area.

Sounds like you guys had an interesting day! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Avy, don't take your normal year to upload them please! :lmao:

Oh yeah, here's the one's I got from yesterday!

Pictures: http://rides.webshots.com/album/582214967aIhKIr

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yeah, i got to wheel till about 10:30, top of the rad pretty much blew apart. Im glad Brad's face didnt get burnt. Ontop of that I got the stomach thing thats been going around, otherwise i would of beed up sunday. I guess i wasnt meant to wheel this weekend, atleast there will be more. Brad thanks for the tow back

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i got to wheel till about 10:30, top of the rad pretty much blew apart. Im glad Brad's face didnt get burnt. Ontop of that I got the stomach thing thats been going around, otherwise i would of beed up sunday. I guess i wasnt meant to wheel this weekend, atleast there will be more. Brad thanks for the tow back
I'm not being sarcastic at all when I say this, but it this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Sounds like you really had shitty luck this weekend. And it had to happen after you did all that work just to make it wheelable! If it's the same stomach bug I caught the past three years in a row I feel really bad for you. It makes the flu look like the common cold! Least it only lasts for a few days.

Hope you feel better man!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Red, I like the way those trails look. You guys are a bunch of lucky bastards. Looking at those pic's and video make me miss it more.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Had a blast! Didn't do as much as usual, but still had fun, finding myself a little more confident and relying on the locker far less then when I initially installed it.

I will get pictures up as soon as I can, Had a death in the family Yesterday and the funeral today...

I didn't get many pictures, I was at the back making sure the first timer was doing okay as well as some how inadvertently making bad suggestions...

Oh and I almost wrecked the truck into the side of an embankment off of H somewhere and something in the rear end of the truck doesn't feel right and the steering is off a few degrees, but the truck tracks straight?

Anywho, when I finally unload the truck I will get stuff uploaded

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red, I like the way those trails look. You guys are a bunch of lucky bastards. Looking at those pic's and video make me miss it more.
Dude, what I have pictures of isn't even scratching the surface of scratching the surface. We saw the main roads in and around the park. There's so much potential back there it's sickening...but in a good way of course! :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
No I was driving too much, and now am to drunk to post, maybe tomorrow while i am at work if it is slow...

·
Registered
793 Posts
No I was driving too much, and now am to drunk to post, maybe tomorrow while i am at work if it is slow...
Recovered yet? Ya had darn near a week...:confused:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
IF its slow enough at work today I will get them up

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think 12 and 14 show the best how close I was to sliding off that rock. Everything's all white and hard to see

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
jamarquardt22
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing