TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I move from a stop I feel a slight pull at slow speeds.
It feels the same as it does if the seat is nto clicked back all the way and it falls into the groove. It's not the seat of course though.
Like even if I go and let off the brake a bit at a light then press it to stop (like move two feet then brake again) I can feel something keep moving as if some part of the truck is trying to move foward still cause of inertia.
It's not the spare or anything in the bed cause it's all clean.
Any ideas?
I have an 05 4cyl single cab.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Uwisuwerme7 said:
When I move from a stop I feel a slight pull at slow speeds.
It feels the same as it does if the seat is nto clicked back all the way and it falls into the groove. It's not the seat of course though.
Like even if I go and let off the brake a bit at a light then press it to stop (like move two feet then brake again) I can feel something keep moving as if some part of the truck is trying to move foward still cause of inertia.
It's not the spare or anything in the bed cause it's all clean.
Any ideas?
I have an 05 4cyl single cab.
Probably axle wrap.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I believe in your sig. it says you have an automatic transmission?

..similar problem with the 95-04 Taco's w/auto's is the driveshaft slip yoke binds when you come to a stop... do a small roll forward and it releases...giving you that little 'punch' like somebody tapped your rear bumper... usually greasing the splined portion of the rear driveline cures this (unless your springs are shot)...you can bring it to the dealer...either they will know this and grease the driveline or won't know it and spend a day finding nothing... good luck!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I agree, a trip to the service department is worthless. I took mine in 5 years ago many times. A couple of months later I found this forum, seen everybody has the problem, and just looked past it. It gets better as the truck gets older. Mind did anyway. Not going to hurt anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts