Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #222

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
It sits nice and low.
she is riding on the bumps right now Dick. Way to low for a trail rig.
Will probably set up the belly around 19" which will give me about 6" of up.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Bob, what are you using to attach the plastic skids? can't really make it out in the pics. I'm assuming places like TAP plastics have that stuff...although my neighbor can get me pretty big sections for free...company he works for has a ton of 'drop-off' pieces they just throw out. :D

I'm thinking of redoing all my main plate skids with frame and 'plastic' (I know, it's not just plastic).

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Plastic is attached with 3/8" countersink bolts. I have a countersink drill bit.
we welded nuts on the backside of the 1/8" metal skins for the bolts
Plastic is 1/2" HDPE

Bob, what are you using to attach the plastic skids? can't really make it out in the pics. I'm assuming places like TAP plastics have that stuff...although my neighbor can get me pretty big sections for free...company he works for has a ton of 'drop-off' pieces they just throw out. :D

I'm thinking of redoing all my main plate skids with frame and 'plastic' (I know, it's not just plastic).

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Plastic is attached with 3/8" countersink bolts. I have a countersink drill bit.
we welded nuts on the backside of the 1/8" metal skins for the bolts
Plastic is 1/2" HDPE
hex bolts?

221 - 240 of 264 Posts
About this Discussion
263 Replies
30 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing