TTORA Forum banner

241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
That rig is freaking beautiful. Very nice work, something to be definitely proud of.:cool:

I like the rims where did you get them from?

EDIT: I noticed the red Allied sticker. I have been buying my bead locks from High Impact but never noticed that style. Mine are the D hole and round hole style. Is this design new to the market?

Thanks for any help. Lee

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Here is a quick rundown on my KOH week.
Showed up on the lakebed and the degenerate crew quickly diagnosed my cooling issue to a blown head gasket. They opened up their race tent and got to work on pulling the head. Makes me proud to be a degenerate and have such good friends! Head water jackets were corroded to the point they were damn near into the combustion chamber. So I JB welded the ports
and hand filed the head back smooth and we buttoned it up. Still bad but not bad enough were I didn't get to run some trails. Ended up running Turkey Claw, Chocolate Thunder, Sledge Hammers, Resolution, and trap door twice
the last time on trap I blew the rear output shaft. So the rig is being torn apart for repairs so it can be ready for AZ rocks. On a side note I did throw it on its side on Sledge and was able to reverse out hard driver to get it back up on its wheel. Of course she doesn't have that new buggy look anymore.
The winch also took a shit when I was being pulled up out of trap door. Not sure what is going on with it I was being pulled, winching in, and then it just started reeling out. Just clicks now when you hit in or out. I'm thinking maybe the brake took a shit - duno.

Here are a few pics of the rig in action

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
looks awesome! I want to see you get in/out of that after a few keystones.:xbeer2:
No problems - :D

That rig is freaking beautiful. Very nice work, something to be definitely proud of.:cool:

I like the rims where did you get them from?

EDIT: I noticed the red Allied sticker. I have been buying my bead locks from High Impact but never noticed that style. Mine are the D hole and round hole style. Is this design new to the market?

Thanks for any help. Lee
Thanks - allied was having a close out on pirate I got the last 4. Don't remember the name.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Looks like you managed to have some fun despite the vestiges of the shit missile giving you some grief.

What are you going to do with the engine, leave it the way it is for now, replace the head or swap out the engine? I like JB Weld as much as the next guy but don't think I'd trust the stuff quite that far.

I know put a turbine in it if you're looking for something light. Think of the cool ass sound it would make and you don't see that shit everyday either.
Failing that scrounge up a Mazda Wankel, that would be small and light and it should drop right in there with room to spare. A 13B shouldn't be too hard to find. 410lbs including twin turbos and all accessories, PS, AC , airpump etc. IIRC. You could drop the AC and save a little weight for Keystone instead.

Dare to be different but in a different way than you're different now.

241 - 260 of 264 Posts
About this Discussion
263 Replies
30 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing