TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im going to get new bumpers soon from a guy that custom welds them. I've heard of people getting bumper sag from arbs which are around 80 lbs. The welder is estimating the front bumper will weigh about this and the back will be less. I have all stock suspension, so I'm just wondering how much sag I will get in the back and front. I'm more worried about the front because I really don't want to have to upgrade my shocks yet until I get more money. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I can't imagine it will sag that much. Lean on the front bumper to see how far it sags. If you plan on upgrading your suspension then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd say it really will depend on the condition of your existing stock suspension. Like previously mentioned hop on the front end and see how much sag you get. Most of the sagging tends to come once a winch is tossed on also.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
If you get an ARB or other similar type of plated bumper, you will need to get suspension upgrade.
The best bang for the buck would be from OME... they are the only one that make suspension SYSTEMS.
Others like mine (Donahoe/ICON) and others mainly market it for raised inches.

WHen I bought my ARB, it had the factory TRD stuff... and yes it made it nose heavy.

In the rear, if you DO NOT plan for a tire carrier/ jerry cans carrier, your stock suspension will be fine and you will most likely will not need to plate the frame.
But if you do plan for this type of bumper (like mine), expect to replace the rear suspension and plating the frame.

Read my Garage write ups for additional information and a list of questions to answer.
Post up the bumpers once you have them built.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My 07 had 32,000 miles on it when I installed 78 pounds of front bumper. I had about 2 inches of compression travel left so the truck bottomed on every little rut. Do the suspension with the bumper or you'll be sorry.
Teryx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm gonna see how much of sags and go from there. I'm excited about the bumpers and I will definitely post pictures when they're done (if I can figure it out).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I stood on my front bumper, I weigh 165lbs to see how much it sagged and it was barely an inch. When i installed my Shrockworks bumper which weighs about 90lbs, i noticed that over time it sagged a little bit but no more than a 1/4 inch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts