TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 taco(manual hubs) with a 3inch cornbred lift. I noticed grease coming out right next to the clip on the cv boot(not on the cv boot side). There are no tears on the boot(what i would expect) Visually it still looks identical to the other side. no wierd sounds either. Potential problem?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
the only thing i can think of is one of the metal clamps on the boot wasn't tight enough to handle the pull from the increased angle from the lift and has slid down allowing grease to expell from it.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
SteepRock said:
I have a 97 taco(manual hubs) with a 3inch cornbred lift. I noticed grease coming out right next to the clip on the cv boot(not on the cv boot side). There are no tears on the boot(what i would expect) Visually it still looks identical to the other side. no wierd sounds either. Potential problem?
you say 'right next to the clip' as in between the boot rubber and the metal clip or seeping between the boot rubber and the axle housing?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its o the side closer to the wheel. Its on the visible metal shaft(right before the "lip" which is right next to the boot/clip. I have never seen how the axle connects at the cv boot so I can't guess what might be going on.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
SteepRock said:
Its o the side closer to the wheel. Its on the visible metal shaft(right before the "lip" which is right next to the boot/clip. I have never seen how the axle connects at the cv boot so I can't guess what might be going on.
ok, heres a pic of the outer joint/boot: http://www.norcalttora.com/~chris/misc/CV angles/photos/photo_3.html

the inner: http://www.norcalttora.com/~chris/misc/CV angles/photos/photo_4.html

try and describe where in the pic your grease is located...or, if you have photoshop just gank the pics and circle the spot ;)

but it sounds like you just have a little seepage from a slightly loose clamp. if so, it's no biggie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts