TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys do with this?

I trimmed the bumper but the mount that the OE bumper side bolts to may be a problem. I don't think cutting it off is such a hot idea since it is the only structure holding that corner of the fender together.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
hytenor said:
what do you guys do with this?

I trimmed the bumper but the mount that the OE bumper side bolts to may be a problem. I don't think cutting it off is such a hot idea since it is the only structure holding that corner of the fender together.
I cut the OE mount off, made a new one with 1/4" stock welded it on. Then drilled through the new mount/bumper, and ran 3/8" bolts through it.Let me know if you want pics.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Hmm, I just cut all that shit off- if it was holding something it wasn't holding it good, down at a V like that?

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Cut it off.............it was mainly for the OE bumper bracket...........which obviously you no longer have! ;)

I drilled a 1/4" hole through the core support and bolted the inner fender to the core support after I lopped off that hunk.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
TBob said:
ahhh...where is that?
Its that piece that the top bushing bolt for the outer part of the bumper to "bolt" to.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Took an air saw to it and never looked back.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
No, its behind the side-end of your new bumper.

See that rivet in the hangy down thing towards the bottom/front of the fender? Its attached to that.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
briansc33 said:
I cut the OE mount off, made a new one with 1/4" stock welded it on. Then drilled through the new mount/bumper, and ran 3/8" bolts through it.Let me know if you want pics.
pics would be great. It just started poring outside so I can't go out and look at it with all these suggestions in mind :( At first glance it seemed it was supporting something other than just the OE bumper wings but I guess I was seeing things :confused:

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
briansc33 said:
I'll post 'em up when I get home, kinda hard to do it from a crackberry.
crackberry? sounds like a new drug, LOL

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I was thinking that considering you can kick the side of a stock bumper and bend those pieces all to shit, then bend them back out with your hand they probably weren't doing much anyways :D
Further, I question the structural characteristics of anything that can be taken out with a cutoff wheel in 30seconds per side (both pieces).

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
uhhhh, yeah. Now that I can see the pic on a full screen I know WTF you're talking about. I don't know what I was looking at. :dunno:

Just cut the damn thing off, mines been gone for years.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
briansc33 said:
uhhhh, yeah. Now that I can see the pic on a full screen I know WTF you're talking about. I don't know what I was looking at. :dunno:

Just cut the damn thing off, mines been gone for years.
10-4. Mine was gone once I put a bentup bumper on my shit like 3 years ago. Tires didn't hit it, I just didn't like how the piece looked :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts