TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok try not to flame me too much becuz i have a body lift and a westin front safari bar...trust me i know its not the best...anyways
im gonna lift the front bumper back up with the 4crawler brackets..but idk if theres a way to lift the safari bar, so its not so low...if anyone has already encountered this problem or knows what to do please tell me

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Well if I remember correctly... The mounting bracket mounts to the underside of the frame horn... So you'll need to mod that bracket or design a new one... You will need to employ someone with a welder... But keep in mind... extending that bracket will just make it even weaker... And it will vibrate and crap even more then the POS already does... I thinks it's time for you to start contemplating something a long the lines of say... a real bumper or at least higher quality light bar... Wasting yer money on that POS is dumb... Unless you can do all the fab work yerself... and then... It's just a waste of time...

Oh and next time use the Newbie Folder...
Or at least the Exterior Folder...

This don't belong in 4X Tech...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
why are you giving TacoDell shit for helpn' you out and giving you direction to post in the correct folder next time?? There are simple rules to follow in this forum... Most the people here follow them and read before posting... others like you don't and wonder why nobody really repsonds to their posts... it's because it's in the wrong freakn' place...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not hes tryin to go tell me to go use the newbie folder...im not a newb thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...and i think ppl that even say newb all the time dont even know what there talkin about in the first place...some ppl need to start using this forum to actually talk about toyotas and quit worrying about other ppls posts all the time

·
Registered
764 Posts
bdon333 said:
im not hes tryin to go tell me to go use the newbie folder...im not a newb thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...and i think ppl that even say newb all the time dont even know what there talkin about in the first place...some ppl need to start using this forum to actually talk about toyotas and quit worrying about other ppls posts all the time
i agree with you on the fact that discussions need to be more adult, but you went about this totally wrong and totally disrespected a great member of the forum who was trying to help you. this only makes you look like more of a 'newb'. just try to be a little more thankful sometimes and you'll just have to look over some of the things these guys say. it just becomes second nature ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idk maybe i took it the wrong way..but the way i see it...if u wanna help someone then help them...otherwise just shut up

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
bdon333 said:
idk maybe i took it the wrong way..but the way i see it...if u wanna help someone then help them...otherwise just shut up
You have a Westin light bar issue, now how did you associate that with 4x4 tech? We're more than happy to help. You got the right forum, now you just gotta get to the correct folder. ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
TacoDell said:
Well if I remember correctly... The mounting bracket mounts to the underside of the frame horn... So you'll need to mod that bracket or design a new one... You will need to employ someone with a welder... But keep in mind... extending that bracket will just make it even weaker... And it will vibrate and crap even more then it the POS already does... I thinks it's time for you to start contemplating something a long the lines of say... a real bumper or at least higher quality light bar... Wasting yer money on that POS is dumb... Unless you can do all the fab work yerself... and then... It's just a waste of time...

Or at least
the Exterior Folder...

there you go i fixed it for ya!!

now it's nice and sweet for you. it had the exact type of information you were looking for and to be honest he was right on target with the (smaller text) opinionated comments, but if you don't want to hear it just exlude it from what your reading. like i have done for you.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had a Westin on my Tacoma until I built my current bumper. I also have a body lift, I wanted to lift the Westing up just like you do. I never did it, but you could take the mounting braket and section out whatever amount you want and then weld it back together.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well if I remember correctly... The mounting bracket mounts to the underside of the frame horn... So you'll need to mod that bracket or design a new one... You will need to employ someone with a welder... But keep in mind... extending that bracket will just make it even weaker... And it will vibrate and crap even more then the POS already does... I thinks it's time for you to start contemplating something a long the lines of say... a real bumper or at least higher quality light bar... Wasting yer money on that POS is dumb... Unless you can do all the fab work yerself... and then... It's just a waste of time...

Or at least the Exterior Folder...

--------------------------------

Here's how I see it, and probably why he reacted the way he did. It's having someone poke your chest and say something snide...someone's calling another person DUMB because of the bumper he chose. Wrong folder/section or not, when you start off calling someone dumb and putting down their gear it doesn't sit well with most alpha males. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts