TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
you mean buy a whole new housing..corner light? or just the bulb.. if it's jus the bulb unscrew the corner light and unplug old..put in new.. worked for me?

-Alex

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
On my '98 there is one screw on top and then the whole corner light assembly slides forward.

Just the bulb, reach behind, turn the whole socket and it will pull right out from the housing.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
On my 97 there are also two screws along the side.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just the bulb... on my 02 I don't see any screws I can get to from the outside and I tried grabbing from the inside and it felt like I was going to break the bulb housing; also its really tight in there. there has got to be a better way. thanks to all for the replies

·
Registered
796 Posts
There is one screw that you will see w the hood open; it is a philips and joins a tab off the corner marker to the top of the grill. With this screw removed you can lift the tab off the grill. then pull the light housing straight out (towards the front of the truck). It is tight the 1st time and going back in you will be able to see the clip alignment. Good chance you might hear a crack, but even then it will go back and fit well, so no biggie. Just try to pull straight out and not up or to the side much.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I pulled mine off, and the stupid tab on the top that holds the screw in broke off. Be careful to guide the "screw-holding tab" (technical TRD term, I'm sure :p) over the little lip on the grill as you pull the light out, making sure it doesn't snag. Mine still mounts OK with just the clips, but I still hate breaking stuff...

-Radar

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been there done that... with other stuff, thats why I posted. =]
I am sure some tab will still bust=]
thanks again guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts