TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went mudding the other week, took a chance on a rut now one of my front cv's is leaking. Changed out the seal and it is still leaking. So, I bought another seal because you know maybe I installed it wrong. I have an '01 dealership gave me part number 90311-47012. Was wondering if that is the right part number I'll post pics sometime tonight seee what you guys think. thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its leaking oil.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Its leaking oil.
then its your gear case. is it from one or both sides or is it from the main body where the case splits in two?

if its greese then your cv boots have a tear in them.

if it is from the side it is a polypak seal that goes there, not too sure on the part number. do know you have make sure you put in your CV straight in untill it slips into the spline or else you might mess it up. sligthly hammer it in evenly all around with a ruber malet and light greese the seal after seal install.
make sure you don't over fill the gear case either. someone correct me if im wrong but I think it takes only one quart.

if you have your CO jacked up to high, you are stressing your CV's

GL!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
That is the correct seal part number for the driver's side.

How far was that seal tapped into the housing? If you tap that seal in more than roughly 5mm it will leak. There is an inner lip that the seal looks like it will seat against, it does not need to go in that far. I learned this after 2 seals
about a year ago.:rolleyes:

Does that make sense?

Jacque

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I know i am a moron. but which side?

Thanks alot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts