TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 taco with 84 taco solid axle up front, trail gear 3" lift on 38 Irocs.

My pinion angle way to low for me to hook up my driveshaft, which is going to create a very bad driveshaft angle. How do I compensate? Do I try some shims under the leafs of do I have to start cutting and re-welding the steering and suspension mounts?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I have a 91 taco with 84 taco solid axle up front, trail gear 3" lift on 38 Irocs.

My pinion angle way to low for me to hook up my driveshaft, which is going to create a very bad driveshaft angle. How do I compensate? Do I try some shims under the leafs of do I have to start cutting and re-welding the steering and suspension mounts?
rotating the knuckle balls by cutting them off and then rewelding them

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

Cut and turn the knuckle balls as previously stated.
You can also get a HiPinion diff and that will solve the driveshaft issue.

BTW you Tacoma's didn't exhist in 91, they were introduced in 1995.5.
Irok's don't come in a 38. http://www.intercotire.com/site25.php

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cut and turn the knuckle balls as previously stated.
You can also get a HiPinion diff and that will solve the driveshaft issue.

BTW you Tacoma's didn't exhist in 91, they were introduced in 1995.5.
Irok's don't come in a 38. http://www.intercotire.com/site25.php
I am posting for a friend, yeah I know there aren't tacos before 95 and maybe they are 39's.

Anyways, it looks like rotating the knuckles might not be worth the time and I can't seem to find a high pinion for under 500 plus the gears to install them. If it were up to me I would have bought a Dana 44 instead, good price and much more versitle.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Another option that might work is relocating your spring hanger/shackle location. It sounds like your front hanger and the rear hanger are not on the same plane. Maybe the rear one is too low. You can always sleeve the frame and run the shackle through the frame, and lower the front hanger to correct the castor and pinion angle. Doing this with a wedge may fix the problem. You really do need to get it right as it wil be useless offroad. You will be blowing up U joints like crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts