21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So is it ARB or Lockright?
old diff was lockright

new front diff is ARB

new rear diff might be either. when i called i asked to change it to a lockright, but i told them if it was already built not to worry about it. so it is shipped but not sure which it is shipping with. it will be a suprise. let you know when i get home lol

·
Registered
947 Posts
old diff was lockright

new front diff is ARB

new rear diff might be either. when i called i asked to change it to a lockright, but i told them if it was already built not to worry about it. so it is shipped but not sure which it is shipping with. it will be a suprise. let you know when i get home lol
You should be able to tell which locker you're getting by how much you paid!?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You should be able to tell which locker you're getting by how much you paid!?

they would have refunded me if it was a lockright

got them in today and both ARBs

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well took the old diff apart before i boxed it up and sent it back to ECGS. looks like the locker was the problem? Is the rod that is broken in half part of the locker or is that in any diff? what is that?

btw this was Phil's old diff. after being passed around, it has finally had enough

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Ummm, hard to tell but in that second pic it looks like the cross shaft is jacked up!! There's a retainer pin inside that hole that holds the cross shaft in...is it missing? My guess is someone didn't 'stake' it properly when re-assembling and it backed itself out?

In the lock right instructions they call it a shear pin I believe:

http://www.teddnet.com/LockRightInstall.pdf

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ummm, hard to tell but in that second pic it looks like the cross shaft is jacked up!! There's a retainer pin inside that hole that holds the cross shaft in...is it missing? My guess is someone didn't 'stake' it properly when re-assembling and it backed itself out?

In the lock right instructions they call it a shear pin I believe:
Hmmm well yes, the end of the cross shaft was chewed up pretty good...on both ends. I didnt even see that hole in the cross shaft, i think the shaft was chewed up part that hole so that wasnt even there anymore. im guessing that was all the metal chunks i saw. the teeth on the ring gear didnt look too bad, just the I.D. where the cross shaft was hitting it. the pinon was pretty messed up though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts