TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Im basically about 75% done with my front end conversion. I was able to find most my parts from people throught out Craigslist here in NorCal. The Silver hood, Chrome Front Bumper with valance and turn indicators, Chrome Front Grille... Then I got the Cornerlights here on TTORA from ChargedTaco! Unfortunately, I wasnt able to find used headlights anywhere, so I had to buy em new from EBAY. They'll be here Monday, so I'll get them on the truck then. I think I may have found some 01-04 Front Fenders down in LA to complete my front end, however, they're a little beat up. Here are some pics of the truck so far...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good to see it is that easy to do. However, IMHO I think that the '96 era was the best looking front end for the Taco. The '97-'00 was the worst. How much for your old stuff?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
averkam said:
Good to see it is that easy to do. However, IMHO I think that the '96 era was the best looking front end for the Taco. The '97-'00 was the worst. How much for your old stuff?
I think the years go:
95.5-97
98-00
01-04

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I miss my 95.5... Would still be driving it if this soccer mom didn't run into me head on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
averkam said:
I already sold the Front bumper, lower valance, chrome grille, and headlight filler. I still have the headlights, cornerlights, hood, and both front fenders with chrome trim. As for the parts, this is what Im asking:
Headlights w/ chrome mount brackets: $20 + s/h
Cornerlights: $30 + s/h
Hood: $100 + s/h
Front Fenders w/ Chrome trim: $150 + s/h

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
what did you do about the core support? and why are you going to change out the fenders those look pretty good as is?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thehackman15 said:
what did you do about the core support? and why are you going to change out the fenders those look pretty good as is?
I havent had to do much to the core support yet, although I havent received my new headlights yet. So far, I've only had to drill out one hole (slightly smaller than a dime) for one of the clips so that I could get the new grille to mount up. I've been told that the 01-04 headlights when being mounted to a 95-97 core support requires some cutting of the headlight opening. When I get the headlights, I'll figure out how much cutting it truly is going to require.

As for the fenders, theres two reasons to replace them. First, they have the bracketry for the cornerlights which the 96 fenders dont have. Second, I wanted to put OEM fender flares from an 01-04 TRD Dcab, and the newer fenders are pre-drilled for the fender flares. And if I can find a set that are already painted silver, or "Lunar Mist Metallic," then that will save me just that much more effort, money, and time when it comes to painting my entire truck... whenever I get around to that next project.

·
Registered
369 Posts
man great job... now I would laugh when/if you ever have to take it back to the stealership and the idiots go "I though this was a 96"

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah, the thought had crossed my mind. I guess I'll have to put a little note on the steering wheel about my FRANKENSTEIN Tacoma... haha.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: Got my new headlights in the mail this afternoon. Pretty awesome! They're brand new, and even came with the 9003 bulbs! Talkin about a good buy. Unfortunately, I went to install them, only to find that Im gonna need a bit more day light, a cutting tool, and possibly some hardware to make them work with my core support. Looks like I'll be driving the wifey's Corolla all week until I have some time to finish this up this weekend. Grrrr. Oh well!

·
Registered
27 Posts
jrwing98 said:
Update: Got my new headlights in the mail this afternoon. Pretty awesome! They're brand new, and even came with the 9003 bulbs! Talkin about a good buy. Unfortunately, I went to install them, only to find that Im gonna need a bit more day light, a cutting tool, and possibly some hardware to make them work with my core support. Looks like I'll be driving the wifey's Corolla all week until I have some time to finish this up this weekend. Grrrr. Oh well!
Can't wait to see how the headlights work out, I've just bought a 96 that was wrecked lightly in the front and am considering doing an 04 front end on it since it needs all the front parts anyway!

Fred

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Very cool man. Making it work. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sold the BLURPLE 96 fenders. Bought a set of Silver Flared 01-04 Fenders, which are on they're way. Hopefully here by the weekend so that I can atleast get my bumper back on so that I can drive the damn thing!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
thats lookin damn good, now you need some 01-04 Taillights to complete the transformation.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
very cool! in the future,i wanna facelift the ol' truck too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not so sure I really care about the taillights. Im gettin way too much flack from the wife right now to even start thinking about converting anything else. I really wanna do the E-locker, and then a 6" Fabtech lift, but its gonna be a while before I start anything else with the truck.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
jrwing98 said:
Im gettin way too much flack from the wife right now to even start thinking about converting anything else. .. but its gonna be a while before I start anything else with the truck.
Your wife is giving you flack about your truck? Imagine that :rolleyes: Glad to know I am not the only one! :D

Anyway your truck is looking great...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts