TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to convert a early model tacoma's front end to make it look like a newer one? Is it possible?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Onebadtacoma said:
Has anyone tried to convert a early model tacoma's front end to make it look like a newer one? Is it possible?
It's been done. Search the old delphi board. I remember a few write-ups being posted there.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I think its pretty much fenders, core support, bumper, grill lights and extra small thing. Wouldn't imagine it being too difficult. 98-00 are the best!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Kyota said:
I think its pretty much fenders, core support, bumper, grill lights and extra small thing. Wouldn't imagine it being too difficult. 98-00 are the best!
Fenders are all the same... Core support, grille, headlights, headlight fillers, bumper and hood.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
A guy from Panama converted the front end of his 95-97 Tacoma to that of a 98-00 Tacoma, so I know those years can be done. Don't know about the later years, though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just converted my 98 to an 01-04 style. :)
You need hood, grille, headlights and corner lights. Gotta space the hood latch out, and cut/drill on the radiator support panel. If you really want to do it correctly, you need a new rad support and both fenders. The later fenders are different but just in the front corners where they mount. I ground and hammered a bit and it was good enough for my bashed and twisted fenders... :) I have lots of pics, will do a page with the info soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Info request on Front Clip Swap

I have a 97 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 L 5 speed that needs a front clip. Its production date is 04/97.... Does anyone either have a front clip for a Pre 05/97 tacoma, or does someone have info on swapping a newer front clip onto my 97??? Any Help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts