TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m afraid my 07 is going to be pretty dinged-up if I don’t do something about protecting the front end. I already have a couple of small rock dings just driving back and forth from work. Has anyone install any type of protection that you would recommend.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
not sure if your talking about a bug deflector for the rocks that fly up on the road or an aftermarket bumper for rocks on the trail.....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
It's a truck! There made to catch rocks/road debrie. If your really worried get one of the front end Bra's, LaBra or what ever they call them. You should have gotten a touch up pencil, that matches your rig color for things like this. The stealership should have given you one? The best way not to get hit with rocks/road debrie is KEEP IT IN THE GARAGE!

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Now that is the best new Tacoma bumper I have seen. AWESOME

·
Registered
162 Posts
It is a sweet looking bumper, my room mate was going to get one, he was on some waiting list tho, I guess when it came around to his turn, the shipping ont he bumper to get it to up north Canada was about a 100 bucks shy of the price of the damn thing, needless to say he didn't go for it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That's the exact same picture from shockworks web site? Here's the write up for it:

12/15/06 Prototype pic posted. Production will begin in about 4 weeks!

11/28/06 Update - pricing is now correct

This product is not available yet, but it is in development RIGHT NOW. The pics here are of the 4gen 4runner bumper, not the actual Tacoma Winch Bumper. The 2005+ Tacoma Winch Bumper will look very very similar. Please call or email if you are interested it getting one.

- 3/16", 1/4" Plate steel consrtuction
- Black powder coat
- Accepts most non-integrated solenoid winches up to 9500 lbs.
- Tubular center hoop and headlight guard hoops. 2"x.120 &
1.5"x.120 Tube
- 304 Stainless steel Front skid plate, .134"
- Holes for mounting driving lights on top of bumper under center hoop
- Place to mount 4" aftermarket fogs or Driving lights (PIAA 510)
- Two Recovery Points. They are a FULL 1/2" THICK steel. Welded front and rear. Accept 3/4" Clevis shackles.

Options:
- No Tube
- Center Hoop only
- Gray Powder coat

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's the exact same picture fron shockworks web site?
Yessir!

Exact same truck!

Jim has better pixel capturing skills than I have! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure if your talking about a bug deflector for the rocks that fly up on the road or an aftermarket bumper for rocks on the trail.....
Nope, I have one of those. I was looking to protect the front end from the grill down... The after market bumpers I really nice but not for me. The bra may be an option. I was trying to see if there is something else --- like clear plastic-tape protection.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The thing to remember about a bra is that you MUST clean it (and dry it) and the truck WEEKLY to avoid getting sand in there. I'd NEVER put one on any vehicle I cared about the paint on. They do nothing but grind sand into the paint.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check 3M's web site they have a list if places that carry what you are looking for. I've got it on my headlights and hood. And it is not cheap!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have used the 3m stuff on my track car with great success. Others have had problems with tearing the paint off trying to remove the film. I believe they recommend a solution for removal. I've never tried. At anyrate, some clear mask protectant should do the trick. Heres a web site with some info. Surf for your model in the store button. They have templates of the masks so you can choose what pieces you want to get.

http://www.clearmask.com

There are other places to get it but this site does a good job of making it simple to see the stuff.

I have used aeroguard on a few non automotive things and you can drag a nail across it without leaving a mark. They protect helicopter blades with it. Its pretty cool stuff. Great for cell phone screens :D
http://www.shieldzone.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts