TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im tryin to replace my headlights and i dont know how to get the front freakin grill off. Is there a write up somewhere that anyone knows of? I took my old one off my 88 before and thought it was the same, but i dont remember how i did it. I know theres clips that i have to press and i broke pretty much all of them already lol, but it feels like its screwed in there somewhere. Do i need to take the corners off? Any help or write ups would be appreciated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention its for a 91 4x4

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just took the grill off of my 92...there are the clips which always break, and you have to unscrew the corner lights and unplug them....the grill should be wedged in there behind the bumper a bit, that is what usually keeps it tight in there....no screws that i can think of though. I hav a lot of pics of my build up if you want

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it off. The only screws are the ones in the side markers. Broke almost every single stupid little clip though lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it is the same little clips like on the older trucks/runners a small flat tip screw driver will spread those clips and make them pop loose. Then they will just pop right back in when you go to put it back on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been running on one high beam for a while because I started replacing them, tore up a few of the stupid (among other verbs) clips and stopped. Guess I am just going to have to gung ho and JB weld it back (only to break it again).

Damn. Why cant these things be easy?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
When putting it back on, zip ties are your best friend.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arent they pretty cheap at the dealerships to order? Besides you only need like two of them to hold that thing in. I think thats all mine has.

·
Registered
147 Posts
#1- NOTHING is cheap at the dealership
#2- muscle is your best friend in this position
#3- zip ties are your second best friend

I got out there and tore (literally) that bad daddy off and replaced my lights with a "by-god!" attitude and that was all it took. Now I am riding clean with TWO headlights. Whoo!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
triophan said:
#1- NOTHING is cheap at the dealership
#2- muscle is your best friend in this position
#3- zip ties are your second best friend
QUOTE]

True about 1 but i thought i heard someone say it wasnt alot for the clips. 2 i just wiggled and jiggled mine and it came off. 3 i gotta get some zip ties lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts