TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this one is simple. If your like me and from somewhere where rust is a problem then you know that you might still need to have some front mud flaps to protect your rockers and such. Since the stock flaps are god awful ugly and Linex is super expensive here's what I did, super cheap and it only took me 15 minutes and in the end it didn't look too bad IMO. Let the pics speak for themselves.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
They look ok I guess but they aren't going to protect anything they are too short. They probably aren't going to block any road spray at all cause it comes off the tire lower to the ground.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They look ok I guess but they aren't going to protect anything they are too short. They probably aren't going to block any road spray at all cause it comes off the tire lower to the ground.
x2. At that length, you might as well take them off entirely.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well your right about the moisture, but they do still protect from rocks and gravel pretty well and that's fine by me! I don't have many if any rock chips on my rockers and as long as I can keep that away then the moisture doesn't worry me so much. Still a decent cheap mod for what it works for IMO!

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
:rolleyes: but you never said anything in your op about rocks you just said rust which mainly comes from water and road salt. So thats why i said what I said

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
what's wrong with stock mud flaps??? huh??? HUH???
wait untill you remove them on the trail;) I cut mine shorter years ago because of that. It was good at stock height. but on a lifted truck theres not much point. but I still have them for inspection and they do help keep mud out of your windows a little.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
wait untill you remove them on the trail;) I cut mine shorter years ago because of that. It was good at stock height. but on a lifted truck theres not much point. but I still have them for inspection and they do help keep mud out of your windows a little.
and how much lift will make them pointless? will a Donahoe lift be enough to render them useless?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
they will help some but not like stock.

Stock mud flaps at stock height just about drag on the ground. and if you flex the truck they will.

The point of this mod for me was to not remove them on the trail again by backing up and pinching them between the tire and a rock. yet they still offer some protection from flying mud and such.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i have short ones like that on my 90 winter beater. they dont really do shit and the door/rocker is covered in slush whenever its sloppy out. my stockers on the taco do a lot better and its pretty easy to remove 6 bolts if youre hittin a trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts