TTORA Forum banner

Front skid bumper/rock sliders

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SADGOAT 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a stock 2012 Baja taco double cab, short bed and I was looking to get some rock sliders for it. Im curious if anyone knows any good sliders that stick out a little bit as I would like for them to also protect my car doors from getting dinged by other people! I have looked at some like All-pro which look nice, but I cant tell if they would stick out further than the middle of the doors?

My old truck used to have a demello front skid bumper that I loved, but was curious if there were any good skid bumpers out there that have a somewhat similar build without a 6 month wait time? I was checking out N-fab and noticed they had a skid plate bumper that caught my eye and was curious if anyone has any experience with this one?

Nfab - RSP Replacement Front Bumper - Fits 2005 to 2016 Toyota Tacoma - 4WheelParts.com

Any recommendations are appreciated and also I am in the market for these used as well if anyone has something they might be looking to sell.

Coot

#2 ·
Well after some more looking around I realize that demello has some pretty stocky looking sliders, their rock crushers. After talking on the phone they confirmed they stick out pretty far, atleast 8 inches which is def enough to clear the door length. Also I didn't realize that demello still has their jigs for the prerunner bumpers and there is a good chance that they still make them. Might have to do that as I miss my old bumper a lot.

Coot

#3 ·
I went with cbi sliders, but I had them bring them closer to the truck by an inch. As is I felt they stuck out farther then I wanted. I'm not sure how far they stand out on the newer tacos but might be worth a look.

#4 ·
Also, sliders alone won't stop all the door dings no matter how far they stick out. You would have to have a huge lift to avoid them entirely. The rear doors on alot of cars are shaped in a way that they go right over a slider.

#5 ·
I had the Demello Rock Crushers. They are stout, but at 90* to the frame, they catch to early. I have modified them to be what they used to call the "heavy duty"(square tube with round tube angled up about 30*. Much better design IMO. I drag/hit way less than the rock crushers and work better in getting through tight spots with fewer hang-ups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.