TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change out the OEM skid plate. What does anyone know about the Budbuilt? Any experience or recs?

·
Registered
100 Posts
im doing the same. that OEM skid hung too low and was not very strong. I have not decided if i want the allpros or budbuilt yet. Sorry, i guess that does not help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided on the Man-a fre. It installs closer to the vehicle. AND they are having a 5% off sale.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gnwhite said:
im doing the same. that OEM skid hung too low and was not very strong. I have not decided if i want the allpros or budbuilt yet. Sorry, i guess that does not help.
If you have Donahoe front coilovers, the All-pro front skid will not fit...I was told this when I called to ask them about it... ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
jkwhite said:
I decided on the Man-a fre. It installs closer to the vehicle. AND they are having a 5% off sale.
The BudBuilt plates protect the alignment nuts, all others don't. You'll need a pipe wrench to turn the alignment bolts when you go to adjust your alignment after a few offroad trips in the rocks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sbechtold said:
The BudBuilt plates protect the alignment nuts, all others don't. You'll need a pipe wrench to turn the alignment bolts when you go to adjust your alignment after a few offroad trips in the rocks.
You do your research don't you! Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Budbuilt seems to be the way to go I also like that they cover the A-arm. I have heard that they hang lower than others, but fitment is great and rep is the best. I wounder if Bud would do a group buy?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nevada_FJ said:
Budbuilt seems to be the way to go I also like that they cover the A-arm. I have heard that they hang lower than others, but fitment is great and rep is the best. I wounder if Bud would do a group buy?
No, he won't do a group buy and for good reasons. Call him and talk to him about his products if you have any questions. He makes some really nice stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dom said:
If you have Donahoe front coilovers, the All-pro front skid will not fit...I was told this when I called to ask them about it... ;)
I did see the All Pro skidplate installed on an FJC with DR coilovers and the skid plate did not fit because the DR spacer blocks relocate the sway bar down further and interfere with the skid. I recently ordered the full set from Bud and he's a great guy to talk to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting the Man-a Fre. They do have recessed bolts to protect the bolt heads and do fit closer. They will work with my All pro bumper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts