TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Im using jeep wagoneer spring on my sas. ive been hearing a clunk when I turn and have tracked it down to the front bushing. I cant call it slop but maybe a design flaw? so in the phots you can see how the bushing can slide side to side in the spring eye. the ends of the bushing leave a space between the mounting surface and the spring so when i turn the spring slides across the bushing thumping each side of the mount?hanger when i turn iether way.

the last photo shows how much space there is on one side for the spring to slide into the mount when the bushing is centered

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so my friends told me to fix it with washers...does that mean i drill out a washer to fit over the bushing sleeve to take up the space or do I jst try and buy the correct fit poly bushings?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a poly bushing would take up that space but finding/getting one could take awhile

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i need is a firm rubber washer or gasket material maybe, something that wont come apart but wont limit the spring travel like a metal washer.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I don't know if this will help but, All-pro has some thick washers that get used as spacers for their shackle kits. When I worked there I could sell them separately.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i cant jst “add washers” because that wont alow the spring eye to cycle on the current bushing with the suspension

I need to tack weld the current bushing to the eye while centered, buy new bushings or warranty the main leafs as They should not be moving in the eye.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Okay, so what you’re saying is there is a gap between the bushings inside of the spring eye?
I know there are 2 different length bushings for a Toyota solid axle swap. The frame side bushings are longer and the spring eye bushings are shorter (the upper mount is wider than the spring eye).
Without having shopped for Waggy springs myself, have you looked to see if there are new polyurethane bushings you can swap in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts