TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to take off my front because im installing a procomp bar and can't get to the bolts that I drilled holes for in the chrome part. (1997 by the way). Anyways, the guy who had the truck before me bumped somebody and bent in the front valenec to I can't get my hand up to the chrome part from the inside. So i decided just to take it off. However, I can't find the bolts or tabs or whatever that I need to take off just to remove the black valence. Let me know something!
thanks!
justin

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think your talking bout the plastic part the fastens to the BOTTOM FLANGE OF THE BUMPER. The one with your blinkers in it? If so, it attaches to the INSIDE OF THE BOTTOM FLANGE OF THE BUMPER.

Easiest way I've found to remove it is to, disconnect plug at blinkers and remove entire bumper. Lay bumper on ground and remove valance. Mod your parking lights to accept the blinker bulbs (or swap sockets & rewire) and your set.

You lost me when you mention "chrome part".

·
Registered
196 Posts
i just took the valance off of my 95 tacoma. you need to take the whole bumper off and there are about 10 screws going from the chrome part to the plastic valance. take those out and then the valance should be free. i didnt have time to re-direct my blinkers yet so they are ziptide on. oh yeah!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts