TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the search, but didn't find what I was looking for. Ok. I'm 100% positive I have a bad wheel bearing on the front passenger side. I am in the process of getting to it, but the brake rotor will not come off. Whats up? If it matters, I have the 6" spindles in the Fabtech Lift. I pulled the cap, took the nut off that holds the CV, and I thought it should just come off after that. I have tapped it with a rubber mallet, but no luck.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ShowStop said:
Hit it harder. The rotor just rests on the lugs and hub. Sometimes the rust acts like glue and holds it on there. After that, you'll need a big shop press to remove those wheel bearings from the spindle.
I agree that the bearings were a bitch to get out, much easier after a custom fabbed "race remover" was made. We pressed with a larger bar on the handle and then pounded on the top of the press to eventually get it out and the other one back in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok well beating it harder indeed did get it off. The bearing is completely shot. The balls just fell out:-D lol. Now I need to find a press. Thanks for the info guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jwheatley20
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing