TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get out of work a little early today and decide I am going to pull off my shitty stock leafs/extended shackles that just rest on the overloads, and put on my shiny new Dakars that have been sitting in the back of my truck for 2 weeks now. Mind you, I am doing this in the back of the bike shop I work at which is in a strip mall, first mistake... I pull the shocks, jack up the truck, and go to town. Shackles come apart without a problem, u-bolts come off, nuts come off the main eye bolts, everythings going good, luckily the main eye bolts are frozen in the bushings:cool: Wouldn't be fun if everything was easy. PB Blaster, air chisel, 5 lb sledge, nothing works. We dont have a torch there, it's after 9pm now, pitch black, nothing is open for me to even get a torch if I wanted one. SO I break out the grinder, grind down one bolt, pry it out, put in the new spring, button it up with just a hex bolt for the main eye for now, start on the drivers side, and the cops roll by. He tells me I can't be working on my truck here, I explain that we pay almost $5000 a month rent for the store, and I most certainly can work on my truck here, he decides to write me a noise ordinance ticket for making un-necessary noise after 10pm, then tells m if I dont pack it up, it's loitering. WTF!!! Needless to say, my truck is sitting on jack stands behind my work right now, and I am home completely pissed.

this probably doesn't belong in the suspension forum but i had to vent somewhere...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My drill sgt. once told me, "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups". He was right. Ain't life a bitch sometimes! Good luck getting the other side installed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i had to rebuild my leafs bolted on the truck. PITA but doable. other wise cut and buy a new bolt.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This weekend TomTRD and I ran into the same problem when installing my Allpros. We got the nut off no problem, but couldn't get the bolt to even turn. Tried a cheater bar, sledge hammer, PB blaster, etc. Ended up having to use a tungsten carbide blade in a sawzall and cut the bolt on both sides. Added about 3 hours to the install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts