TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my truck to get an older sas truck. This truck runs pretty well, engine was replaced, supposedly only 70k miles on the replacement. It used to be auto and I converted it to 5 spd. I have put a bunch of new parts on it that I will list. The body is rough to say the least, it has been rolled lightly, but it runs good. The frame is solid with the exception of a 6 inch rust hole in the one crossbar that holds up the gas tank. This doesn't seem to cause any problems but could probably be fixed pretty easily by someone who welds.

New parts
Clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder
Brake Master Cylinder
Rear lockright locker
Alternator
Rear Add a Leaf
Starter
Exhaust from header back including high flow cat and flowmaster muffler
Fuel Filter

I have a picture of it on my myspace, I can email more upon request.
http://www.myspace.com/gturbo7

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, price is $800. I have a solid axle from an older truck I will include for an extra $150 to sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are you buying another truck that is already SAS'ed or are you buying a truck that originally came with a Solid front axle?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If you have the axle already, and the truck, I have the rear frame inserts, go to the yard get some rear springs of an yota, save some money get the trail gear front hanger and Hy-steer, ask for some help from the board and you have a truck that you already know, locked in the rear, and on 33's. but if you want to sell it, and still have it by the end of may, juneish, i would be interested.

Jordan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the axle already, I dont know how to weld or use a torch very well, and I really dont have either at my disposal. So I figured it would be easier to buy a truck that already came with a solid front axle and go from there. I do see your point that I have done a lot of maintenance on this truck to make it a solid running rig, locker equipped. I would like to put the solid axle on this one and keep it, it just doesnt seem feasable.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I do have the axle already, I dont know how to weld or use a torch very well, and I really dont have either at my disposal. So I figured it would be easier to buy a truck that already came with a solid front axle and go from there. I do see your point that I have done a lot of maintenance on this truck to make it a solid running rig, locker equipped. I would like to put the solid axle on this one and keep it, it just doesnt seem feasable.
keeping the truck you already have is the best idea here i think. you need to just find someone to help you with the cutting and welding it really isn't that hard and trail gear sells the swap kit for about $1100 and they even ship for free that would come with everything you need to do the swap except the axle and you have that!! trust me this is a better idea here because if you buy a alder solid axle truck you still need to do cutting and welding to make it a good wheeler plus the frame on the 86+ truck is stronger in the front.. sorry i'm rambling here.sorry if you have any questions just ask

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damnit you guys are convincing!! haha I am having a hard time finding an older truck for a reasonable price so I am rethinking my decision to sell. I see what youre saying about the sas kit not being all that expensive considering it comes with everything I need. I dont have any friends/connections to get the cutting and welding done at this point though. I guess for now I will keep the truck for sale and continue looking for a good deal on an older one while at the same time saving up for a sas kit if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm in a catch 22 for some reason...

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Damnit you guys are convincing!! haha I am having a hard time finding an older truck for a reasonable price so I am rethinking my decision to sell. I see what youre saying about the sas kit not being all that expensive considering it comes with everything I need. I dont have any friends/connections to get the cutting and welding done at this point though. I guess for now I will keep the truck for sale and continue looking for a good deal on an older one while at the same time saving up for a sas kit if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm in a catch 22 for some reason...
I'm sure Pete and Mark would be willing to lend a hand and a :saw: :welder: . They're both great people with tons of knowledge...if I ever convince my weird ass to actually cut my truck up, I'll be turning to thos two for it. I have a welder, but I still don't trust myself with something as large as a sas.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
you have friends/ connections here and some of us can even weld :D and would be more that willing to teach you if you wanna learn it's not hard once you get the hang of it...

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
we just totally hijacked your for sale ad...lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bumpity, selling once again. I have another project I need to focus on right now. Truck is still running solid.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Bumpity, selling once again. I have another project I need to focus on right now. Truck is still running solid.
Are you still asking $800.00 for the truck? If so, I think I have a buyer for you.

Let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts