TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Take that crap tag off the front and it will sell... j/k

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE! Also put it in Autotrader, it will go fast as people are looking to get that body style instead of the new ones.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ATLRoach said:
Take that crap tag off the front and it will sell... j/k

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE! Also put it in Autotrader, it will go fast as people are looking to get that body style instead of the new ones.

I was thinking about doing that in a few minutes actually.. I had already put it in Craigslist last week, but haven't got but 2 bites. I need to stop being cheap and throw it in AT!

So..as a general rule should I throw it in AutoTrader for more than $18,5 with the chance of getting more for it, and also give some room for people to talk me down to my 18,5..or just throw it in there for $18,5 firm. :0 Just looking for advice since I've never sold a vehicle before.

P.S.

WAR EAGLE!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
fenrisx said:
P.S.

WAR EAGLE!

x2

i should sell faster with that on. i would actually take it off though, but i would put it on your next vehicle.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I left it on there in an attempt to add value to the truck.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
fenrisx said:
I left it on there in an attempt to add value to the truck.

haha. what you do, is when they come to look at the truck you leave it on. if they decide to buy it, wait till they are not looking and take it off quick lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well heres the thing... I had a guy laugh in my face when I told him I wanted 18,500. He said I'd never get that much for it..everyone at work tells me that I'm crazy and it's not worth but 14,000. I'm like.. you douchebags obviously didn't notice the AU tag on the front.

But on a serious note.. WTF why does everyone laugh and say my trucks only worth 'like 14,000' when I tell them I'm wanting to get 18,500. ;( :(

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
fenrisx said:
Well heres the thing... I had a guy laugh in my face when I told him I wanted 18,500. He said I'd never get that much for it..everyone at work tells me that I'm crazy and it's not worth but 14,000. I'm like.. you douchebags obviously didn't notice the AU tag on the front.

But on a serious note.. WTF why does everyone laugh and say my trucks only worth 'like 14,000' when I tell them I'm wanting to get 18,500. ;( :(
lol

probably cause they are used to the resale value of fords, chevies and dodges. i got my 99 in summer of 05 for about 12k with 70k on it

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
...and is that a 'cuda i see in the driveway?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
fenrisx said:

Because everyone wants something for free...realistically though these trucks seem to be on the market a lot and for longer than they were a year ago, probably because people are still asking the same thing for them. Don't get offended by people's offers, I had my truck on craigslist and got the occaisional person wanting to give me $17k for it because that is how much they could get a similar colorado for....just tell them to buy a colorado/ranger/s-10/frontier. That being said you are going to get a biased inflated price on TTORA. I didn't get real interest in my truck until pricing it at $22,500 and that is for an 05 d-cab 4x4 TRD, which while it may not be the most desired body style on TTORA it is just as or more popular to the gen population which is who i was concerned with, i don't expect someone with a Tacoma to sell theirs and buy mine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey man! I actually responded to your ad on Craigslist about this truck, but a friend of the family actually had one that was his fathers' (who passed away) for sale that I got a _really_ good price on (2k4 DoubleCab Prerunner Limited TRD, 7k miles (!!), snagged it for $18k)

Felt bad that I had to bail on you, but I couldn't pass the other offer up. Your truck looks great, should have no problems.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
skoorbevad said:
Hey man! I actually responded to your ad on Craigslist about this truck, but a friend of the family actually had one that was his fathers' (who passed away) for sale that I got a _really_ good price on (2k4 DoubleCab Prerunner Limited TRD, 7k miles (!!), snagged it for $18k)

Felt bad that I had to bail on you, but I couldn't pass the other offer up. Your truck looks great, should have no problems.
Yeah it's all good.

Maybe it will sale eventually. I'm just wanting to get it sold to pay on credit cards, but if it doesn't... I'll just keep paying on credit cards until it does. :p

I had another guy at work ask me what I wanted for it yesterday because his son was looking for a truck. I told him 18,500 and I got the usual laugh and 'good luck...'

I put it in AutoTrader for 19,5 last week but haven't got any bites. I guess I'll lower it down to 18,5 and just stick to that price firm.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the guy who I talked to yesterday about buying the truck called back today.. only got my voice mail because I was sleeping, but he said he's pretty sure he wants the truck.. He said he had some idea of how he could drive down and take the truck back with him and get the payment worked out.

Which made it sound like to me.. he would just take my truck back with him and then square off the loan during that week afterwards lol..which doesn't sound good to me. We shall see...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's SOLD.

Well I had been talking with a guy for just over a week..and we had already started all the loan paper work. Only thing left to do is for me to send in the bill of sale to the lady at his bank.. and then for him to sign the loan papers. So he came today to look at it.. and so hopefully by Friday/Monday it'll be sold officially.

Time to find a 4wd..

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
fenrisx said:
It's SOLD.

Well I had been talking with a guy for just over a week..and we had already started all the loan paper work. Only thing left to do is for me to send in the bill of sale to the lady at his bank.. and then for him to sign the loan papers. So he came today to look at it.. and so hopefully by Friday/Monday it'll be sold officially.

Time to find a 4wd..

awesome. its about time, you have been trying to sell that thing forever

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ican'tdriveontheroad said:
And I was dead on, horray for useless hours spent staring at cars.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Is the Firebird a 67 or 68? I restored a numbers matching 68 Firebird 400 back in high school....damn I wish I hadn't sold it. Makes me sick to think about it sometimes. :(

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

My step dad bought it a few months back and is just working on it here and there...

He should, if he had the time & money, did a frame off restoration to it.. Oh well.

Only thing he's done to it is gut out the interior and has been sanding and priming the body.. It sucks not having a garage for it..

I dunno if this one has all matching numbers or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts