1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE:
2004 YAMAHA BANSHEE
(350cc, 2-stroke)​

I am selling my Custom built GREEN STICKER Banshee, in order to buy a new dirt bike.

A couple years ago, I bought two partially assembled Banshees (a 1991 & 2004) and built one mean machine out of them. Since the 1991 Banshee is a Green Sticker ATV (no riding restrictions), I used the 1991 frame as the platform to build this machine, but EVERYTHING else is actually from the 2004 Banshee or was bought new. So even though the Title says 1991, it is mostly a 2004 Banshee. (I also have 2004 Title and Frame for verification. As well as many extra parts if you want them.)

This Twin-cylinder 2-Stoke ATV is incredibly fast and will easily do 75 – 85 mph!! Not an ATV for beginners.
It has been well maintained and usually starts on the very first kick and Runs Excellent!!

Modifications:
Toomey T-5 pipes w/ custom Trinity Stage IV spark arrestors (only set like them)
Toomey 2:1 HFFS (High Flow Filter system)... OE airbox removed
Custom powercoated frame and swingarm (Metallic Candy Red)
Dynojet Jet kit
Magnum Pro Billet Clutch Basket
Full Aluminum Skid plate & swing arm skid
Aluminum Radiator guard (also powder coated to match)
AC to DC lighting conversion with 9 Amp-hr 12V battery
Trailtech SCMR16 HID lights (super bright!!)
Key relocation bracket hiding key under seat
ITP Holeshot HD tires front & rear (Newer tires than shown in the Picture)
NEW Fly Racing handlebars w/ OE thumb throttle installed (not twist throttle shown in the Picture)

Asking $4,500 OBO.

I have all the Extra parts I’d like to sell with it as well, for only $500 more ($5,000)
I will however sell the ATV alone and part out the rest after it’s sold.

Extras (not installed):
Full OEM exhaust (pipes & silencers)
OEM airbox assembly
OEM coolant bottle
OEM nerf bars
Extra set of black plastics (Front & rear Fenders)
2004 Banshee Frame w/ Title
Kenda Sand Gecko paddles on polished ITP C-Series wheels

I may be willing to help arrange shipping if you are out of the area (at your expense of course), but I recommend you come look at it before you buy it.

This ATV is located in Rosamond, CA (near Lancaster, CA). PM or email me if you have any questions.

I may also consider a trade for an economical light pick-up truck. (mid-90s maybe)

You know... a 1st Gen Tacoma, Nissan, Mazda, or something.
Looking for about 24+ mpg average...

I'm not real picky, but I have some minimum requirements.
If you have one you want to trade for the Banshee, give me a holler and well talk...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Nice toy! ... but I'm confused on the title stuff.... Wish I had the cash for this one, as I AM in Lancaster... Hmmm do you think that will fit in the back of a 04 DC Taco? How long is it.. might have to get a bed extender.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specifications according to Yamaha Motors Co.

Engine
Type 347cc, 2-Stroke Twin, Liquid Cooled, Reed Valve
Bore x Stroke 64mm x 54mm
Compression Ratio 6.5:1
Carburetion Dual Mikuni 26mm
Ignition CDI
Starting System Kick
Transmission 6-Speed Manual Clutch
Drive Train 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain

Chassis
Suspension/Front Independent Double Wishbone, 9.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
Suspension/Rear Swing Arm, 8.7” w/ Rebound, Compression and Threaded Preload Adjustment
Brakes/Front Dual Hydraulic Disc
Brakes/Rear Hydraulic Disc
Tires/Front AT21 x 7-10
Tires/Rear AT20 x 10-9

Dimensions
L x W x H 73.0” x 43.3” x 42.5”
Seat Height 31.5”
Wheelbase 50.4”
Ground Clearance 5.3”
Fuel Capacity 3.2 Gallons
Dry Weight 386 Lbs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice toy! ... but I'm confused on the title stuff.... Wish I had the cash for this one, as I AM in Lancaster... Hmmm do you think that will fit in the back of a 04 DC Taco? How long is it.. might have to get a bed extender.
I found an '04 Brochure in PDF and it says a doublecab bed is 74.5 inches long. So it should fit in the DC just fine.

Honestly though, allot of people (especially for dirtbikes) pile them in, strap them down and forget about it. Once you get a few straps on it, it doesn't go anywhere anyway.

Ok, to explain the Title issues a little better...
Any Banshee 2003 or later is issued a "Red Sticker" licence plate.
In California this Red Sticker limits what areas (OHVRA) you can ride at during specific times of the year. A "Green sticker" (anything pre-2003) can ride at any OHVRA at any time of the year.

My Banshee being a 2004 was issued a red sticker. I bought a 1991 frame and was given the title along with it (the VIN for registration purposes is stamped on the FRAME). So I registered it as ANOTHER Yamaha Banshee and it was given a Green sticker being a pre-2003 model. So according to DMV, I am actually the owner of TWO Yamaha Banshees. A 2004 AND a 1991.

My purpose was to customize the frame (powdercoating) & appearance of the 2004, by powercoating a new frame and swapping out the plastics for a different color (black). I did that with the 1991 frame. But since I had Title and registration for the 1991 Banshee and the VIN is stamped on it, I basically built a "custom" Banshee on a 1991 frame using parts from a 2004. So I carry the Registration for the 1991, slapped on the Green Sticker, and I can ride anywhere I want at anytime of the year. I still retain the 2004 Title and registration because i still have the 2004 Frame sitting in storage. When the 2004 Frame is sold, the Title generally goes along with it since the VIN stamped on the frame and the VIN on the TITLE are linked.

Make sence?
I am sellling everything all together (if I can), so people understand I am selling a Custom 2004 Banshee that just hppens to have a 1991 Title. You would still get BOTH Titles and the extra frame though. You can do whatever you want with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
red sticker, green sticker...
Yeah... stupid EPA trying to regulate when and where we can ride! Bunch o' BS if you ask me. What's really dumb is the Yamaha Banshee has been mostly unchanged since 1991. And the last change before that was only to suspension. The Engine and exhaust have remained the same, yet they regulate (red sticker) everything 2003 or newer. What a load of bull...

Anyhow... what can you do? Just put up with it...
(or do what I did.) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I could use a little help selling this. If guys have any suggestions or friends looking for a nice quad, maybe you could point them my way.

Currently I have an AD in ATVTrader (cycletrader), Craigslist, PennySaver Online, and a few other forums I am active on.
Not to thrilled about putting it up on eBay, so only as a last resort, and I'm not that desperate yet.
Might post a few free Ads around town, but don't think I'll bother with the local paper.

What else... where else do you think I can post to get more exposure?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I could use a little help selling this. If guys have any suggestions or friends looking for a nice quad, maybe you could point them my way.

Currently I have an AD in ATVTrader (cycletrader), Craigslist, PennySaver Online, and a few other forums I am active on.
Not to thrilled about putting it up on eBay, so only as a last resort, and I'm not that desperate yet.
Might post a few free Ads around town, but don't think I'll bother with the local paper.

What else... where else do you think I can post to get more exposure?

You might try everything2stroke.com.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I know I haven't had this posted very long, but I REALLY want my new bike, so I'm willing to drop the price in hopes that this'll sell a little faster.

If you want just the ATV and not all the extra stuff (just what's attached to it), I'm asking $4,500 OBO. ;)

But you will get the '91 title in order to maintain the green sticker (it is built on the '91 frame afterall).

(If you still want the 2004 Title, the extra frame goes with it for $350, but that either goes with or after the ATV is sold, not before)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated the price and some other minor details.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would have thought there would be more interest in this....:confused:
Not just here of course... I have this posted on at least 5 other forums, Craigslist, Cycletrader (Online and in-print), Pennysaver, and I have various ad's posted locally and even pinned a color flyer at one of the local cycle/MX shops. And I have not gotten a single call or inquiry! :confused:

Hmmm.... I don't get it!
Everyone used to comment on it when I'd go riding, and when I'd mention I ride a Banshee, I get the response of awe... like "wow, those are fast", etc.

but I put it up for sale... and nothing.... it's even a green sticker...

Must not be the season or something, huh?:confused:

?????:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I may also consider a trade for an economical light pick-up truck. (mid-90s maybe)

You know... a 1st Gen Tacoma, Nissan, Mazda, or something.
Looking for about 24+ mpg average...

I'm not real picky, but I have some minimum requirements.
If you have one you want to trade for the Banshee, give me a holler and well talk...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
sorry to butt in on your sale but thats one nice looking Banshee. My cousin has one also and they are awesome quads. Banshees if built correctly are crazy fast. Hes girlfriends family owns a shop that specializes in them. Anyways whoever gets this is going to have the time of thier life.....if i wasn't going to be buying Jet skis...I would pick this up in a heart beat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts