TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale NIB.... ARB RD89 locker
$500 (+ shipping)

Box has been opened but everything is there. I've had this locker sitting on the shelf for about a year now but have never installed it. Not enough wheeling to justify the added expense of installation :( .

Mike

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
nice price

·
Registered
539 Posts
yea thats a pretty good deal

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
$500 (+ shipping)

Box has beedn opened but everything is there. I've had this locker sitting on the shelf for about a year now but have never installed it. Not enough wheeling to justify the added expense of installation :( .

Mike
what's the serial #?
just wonder if it is one of the newer retro versions or not.

·
Registered
539 Posts
isn't the RD89 discontinued and being replaced with a "newer better one" soon?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

???? ARB's website still list the RD89 for Tacomas up to '04.... and $500 compared to $750? I know alot of guys that are running the RD89 with no complaints

Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
yes but the older 89s are still fine. There have been some in the past, mine included, that had problems with air leakage but the vast majority of them have been bullet-proof. If, on the outside chance this one has the leaking problem the retro kit can be ordered and installed, probably, but not necessarily for free from ARB. For $500 you can't go wrong at all.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
???? ARB's website still list the RD89 for Tacomas up to '04.... and $500 compared to $750? I know alot of guys that are running the RD89 with no complaints

Mike
their site hasn't been updated in quite some time. The 89 has been replaced, however. For the price you are asking it is still a killer deal ;)

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Yes its been discontinued- However - we won't know the track record of the
RD129 until a few guinea pigs start running them.

$500 is a great price- I have had my RD 89 going on 3 years now

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Yes its been discontinued- However - we won't know the track record of the
RD129 until a few guinea pigs start running them.

$500 is a great price- I have had my RD 89 going on 3 years now
a bunch of us already have the equivalent and have had them for several months...completely trouble-free and tested/wheeled down to -30* with no leaking. ;)
they didn't reinvent the wheel...just changed the seal housing to a floating type similar to what the RD-23 has.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
This is for the rear of the tacoma right ? I dont have a PDF viewer on this PC so I couldnt check the ARB listing, if it's for the front I'll take it, if it's for the rear I'll pass

RD89 is rear for Tacos from '95.5-pres, some Tundras and T-100s
RD 90 is front diff for Taco '95.5-04

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
$500 (+ shipping)

Box has been opened but everything is there. I've had this locker sitting on the shelf for about a year now but have never installed it. Not enough wheeling to justify the added expense of installation :( .

Mike
take some pics of what all is included and add them to your thread....might get it moving a little faster ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Arb

That's a great price. Should sell easily even if you have to spend some money getting the new seals.

Cheers,
P

1 - 20 of 39 Posts