TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Removed post, I will speak to the seller about a more reasonable price due to the heated feedback from you guys. He may just wanna keep it. Sorry to have upset so many people over something as trivial as money, cyber money at that. No hard feelings:)
Thanks,
Boheefus

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
generalee7 said:
Is this a joke or something? $700 for a rear driveshaft?
it must come with anal lube because if anyone buys it at that price, they sure as hell are gonna need it

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
is it brand new? if not, dont be quoting what it costs brand new cuz its not worth even close to that

and yes, i have replaced them before. actually, im on my 3rd one
for 700 bucks you can go to a driveline shop and they will make you a totally brand new driveshaft

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Boheefus said:
not everyone wants to go one piece drabnor. no need to get upset because I quote retail. it has 30k mi. on it. no one is asking you to buy it. jeeze..
Well it's not even that, we just don't want anyone to get ripped off for buying a used rear driveshaft. Not to mention it doesn't even have a u-joint in the rear!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Boheefus said:
not everyone wants to go one piece drabnor. no need to get upset because I quote retail. it has 30k mi. on it. no one is asking you to buy it. jeeze..
i never said anything about going one peice

you are trying to sell a USED driveshaft that isnt even complete for a BRAND NEW, complete price

like generalee7 said, you are trying to rip someone off, and we dont want to see it

if you want to sell it for $75 id buy it

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jhorn_007 said:
DUDE!!!!!!
i dont usually butt in on a thread like this, but when someone tries to rape someone and use no lubricant like this i gotta say, That just aint right!! Hard to find at junkyards? heres bout 200 or more for way cheaper. NEED I SAY MORE???

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=All+States&userIMS=&userInterchange=BEEFE&userSide=&userDate=2001&userDate2=2001&dbModel=73.26.1.1&userModel=Toyota Tacoma&dbPart=431.1&userPart=DRIVE SHAFT, REAR&sessionID=738&userPreference=price&userUID=0&userBroker=&iKey=&userPage=1
this is not a perfect world, selling for a buddy, his asking price, no need to flame, I am not a crook:)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
generalee7 said:
Well it's not even that, we just don't want anyone to get ripped off for buying a used rear driveshaft. Not to mention it doesn't even have a u-joint in the rear!
Again, I say, selling for a buddy, his asking price, if he will take less, I will post it. I am not an expert on used part prices, I am just doing a favor for a friend, no anal lube needed.....

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drabnor said:
i never said anything about going one peice

you are trying to sell a USED driveshaft that isnt even complete for a BRAND NEW, complete price

like generalee7 said, you are trying to rip someone off, and we dont want to see it

if you want to sell it for $75 id buy it
Actually I am a firm believer in a free economy. I would never rip anyone off, not even you. I have removed the sale and will see if he wants to sell it for a lower price. I am an honest person doing a favor for a friend, much as I would expect anyone worth a lick to do. If you want to make a reasonable offer I will forward it to him, sounds like you go through these things rather quickly:)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Timbuddha said:
If there is a way to break it R.J. will find a way!
hehe i guess i drive my truck a little on the hard side? :xcrazy:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Boheefus said:
Actually I am a firm believer in a free economy. I would never rip anyone off, not even you. I have removed the sale and will see if he wants to sell it for a lower price. I am an honest person doing a favor for a friend, much as I would expect anyone worth a lick to do. If you want to make a reasonable offer I will forward it to him, sounds like you go through these things rather quickly:)
i understand, it was your friend that wanted 700 for it, not you. i didnt mean to be a dick but that price is just way out of line.

right now im saving up for a trac bar so HOPEFULLY i wont ever break another one :xpimp:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem guys, I completely understand. I am actually selling a whole bunch of stuff for my buddy, just sold a nib Fabtech 6" for $1300. He is doing a SAS and will have a whole ton of stuff that he wants to get rid of. I will encourage him to be more realistic in his pricing in the future:)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Boheefus said:
No problem guys, I completely understand. I am actually selling a whole bunch of stuff for my buddy, just sold a nib Fabtech 6" for $1300. He is doing a SAS and will have a whole ton of stuff that he wants to get rid of. I will encourage him to be more realistic in his pricing in the future:)
he wouldnt happen to have manual hubs would he? :D

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
let me know how much he wants for the diff and cvs and also what the gearing is in the diff

where are you located?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am in VA, the diff has 4.10 gears in it and he will start his teardon in Feb-Mar when his new house gets completed. I will put eveything he has up hers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts