TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Decide to sell the compressor as well? I thought I saw that you did. Maybe on TN page?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I decided to sell the compressor as well. I wish that I could change this title, but I can't. Compressor is for sale!!!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Send a PM to Darcy. She can change the title for you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
What is the serial # on the case? It looks quite old. Are you sure its an RD23 and not an RD01, based on the original style airline seal it looks to be over 15 yrs old. Not trying to thread crap, Just pointing out for perspective buyers, as I own a few of these.. Some of the older ones had issues with the crosspins shearing. But then again I dont exactly daily drive with mine.. :D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
What is the serial # on the case? It looks quite old. Are you sure its an RD23 and not an RD01, based on the original style airline seal it looks to be over 15 yrs old. Not trying to thread crap, Just pointing out for perspective buyers, as I own a few of these.. Some of the older ones had issues with the crosspins shearing. But then again I dont exactly daily drive with mine.. :D
Wasn't the RD01 only available for 8" 4cyl diffs? This was first in a 2nd gen V6. I could be wrong here, but if I remember correctly, the RD01 was discontinued because the RD23 could work in both the v6 and 4cyl diffs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98c5c33 is the number etched on the side of the locker. I am not sure about what the serial number means but in the paperwork that came with the runner, there was paperwork for an rd23 arb air locker. That is what I am basing my sale off of. I will do more research though because I want to make sure that you guys and I know what I am selling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
price drop $700 obo for everything

$700 obo for compressor and locker

·
Registered
743 Posts
98c5c33 is the number etched on the side of the locker. I am not sure about what the serial number means but in the paperwork that came with the runner, there was paperwork for an rd23 arb air locker. That is what I am basing my sale off of. I will do more research though because I want to make sure that you guys and I know what I am selling.
Build date of May 1998. I wasnt too far off :) you can tell an rd01 by the smaller 45mm carrier bearing journals and made into the early 2000s before it was discontinued. It certainly could be either without measuring or checking the bearing number as it looks like only 1 was left on for some strange reason. It maybe worth checking if the bearing spun on that journal missing a bearing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
price drop

So I took the locker to Tom's 4x4, and they told me that all the parts seemed to be there with the exception of the seal housing retaining clip. They said that it was "questionable." I don't know if maybe it is actually somewhere in the locker because I don't fully understand how all of the parts come together. All this to say, I ordered the clip for $1.84 plus shipping. If you wanted the setup before that part comes in, you could easily find the part and order it yourself.

I am dropping the price to ****$650**** plus shipping for both the locker and the compressor. I have also bench tested the locker and will post the video below.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts