1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
link doesnt seem to load a thread?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Works for me, What a douche, I hate when stuff like that happens. I had it happen to me but only for $200 worth of stuff, and never saw that money again. I hope they catch this guy and take $2000 out of his truck if he doesn't have the blower anymore.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
OOH that chaps my hide! The Seller had 40 posts on IH8TMud which is actually quite a bit! The IH8TMUD Mods should be able to pull the static IP to give to the sherrif if he files a report.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had trouble getting the thread to actually load, but it seemed like it is over on TN where sometimes the header and ads load and it gets hung up loading the forum. I clicked the link to go to the main for sale forum, then just did a 'find' for 'super' and found/loaded the thread pretty quick.

Not being a member on that board I can't see the guy's profile or check his other posts for context to help id him. Sounds like his brother may be the one up here, not him. I did see a link to another thread and a post he made claiming the Toyota dealer had pulled the charger. I'm heading by there in a bit and if I can I'll see if they'll tell me if they did something like that recently, but that'd be a long shot.

The buyer said he had an email address and phone number. That could go a ways to tracking the guy down. But depending on how he paid etc. etc. there may not be much he can do. Getting the authorities involved quickly is about it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I searched the internet for him. He does not use that screen name on any other forums. I read a few of his other posts, but no info leading towards his capture... I mean.. intervention!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I know the board and a number of guys who know the board, I'll see what I can get.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In no way was this post meant to incite violence towards the seller. Please refrain from making suggestions even.

We're an upstanding club, and this should be dealt with by the proper authorities.

If people have info, that'd be great, as the buyer has nothing on the guy. I'm assuming he is trying to get the IP stuff, but hard evidence would be most appreciated, I'm sure, as it would put his money back in his hands a lot sooner.

·
20,355 Posts
I cant seem to get a picture of the culprits truck. If you could post one here, i delvier every day almost in Ft. Collins. IF he drives it around or parks it between overland/timberline and horsetooth/vine i will recognize it or see it likely in the next day or so.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
We're an upstanding club,
I'd like to think so.
and this should be dealt with by the proper authorities.
Will they even give a fuck? Is two grand enough money? What's the limit before it's worth investigating vs writing a report?

So maybe we can gather enough information that said proper authorities need only waltz in and cuff the kid.

Unfortunately, as it is not my fight, I have absolutely no information and no way to get it...so if somebody does turn up something, I see no reason not to post it here, provided it is factual and not conjecture.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By all means post up info here. If nothing else it'll keep others from dealing with this tool.

The proper authorities can be the credit card companies, paypal, etc... You are correct that I doubt the police would even care, but 2k is a felony robbery, so they might.

The guy is disputing the claim with both. People are just trying to find more info to help him.

Internet threats, while made mostly in good fun and healthy venting (though I wonder about some), can cause issues for the club and for the board as a whole. I'd prefer that we not even go there.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Pm me the cell # Isaac. I can get the full name, last known address, etc. if you have the cell #

A mod from ih8mud could also pull his IP addy.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Get me a pic, A name something...i can see what i can dig up. ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
there fixed it... though there is nothing wrong with venting, it should be done in a more responsible manner....i appologize

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there fixed it... though there is nothing wrong with venting, it should be done in a more responsible manner....i appologize
Its no worries, and I certainly sympathize, just seen people take these things out of context, and I don't want to cause the club any trouble.

Nate, Russel, I appreciate it, but I don't have that info. If I can get it, I'll certainly PM you guys!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts