TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed the kit. My idle settled down. There are some flat spots in the power based on my gut feel. I now want to load the software onto a laptop and see how well the pre-loaded 3.4 2001 program from Gadget is doing. Are the only instructions the ones on the SplitSecond site? Perhaps I misplaced instructions from Gadget, though I did not see any on his site. I can load the software easily enough, is it obvious how to save the preloaded configuratin to laptop memory before I begin experimenting to make sure I can "reset" back to his map?

I looked on the Delphi site for some of the old threads, but it seems I can only look back three months. It has been far longer than that. Thanks.

Vince

·
Registered
53 Posts
the R4 software instructions on the SS site should cover loading and saving files . . .

·
Registered
107 Posts
Installing the software is easy. Once installed open it and create a new customer(file/new customer). Then you want to connect to the FTC1 via a serial cable and establish communication by pressing the "ECU Connection" button. Next go the the (maps/fuel maps) window and click on the "Read ECU". You will see the tables loaded on the FTC1. Now close the window and then from the file menu exit by "Close Customer.

Repeat by creating a new customer with a different name and then make changes as needed to your fuel and timing tables. After making changes make sure you "write to ECU" so that the FTC1 is loaded with the new values. Also make sure that your ignition is on to establish communication from FTC1 to Laptop.

Robert

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks LocoTaco and all. Just what I needed. Now if I could find someone in the DC metro area that was comfortable welding in the WB bung, I could take Gadget up on his tuning offer.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well, if you are going to travel down to me so I can touch up your tune, there is an exhaust shop near me that I refer all our bung business to. They have down like 50 of them now and know exactly how I like them put in.

Send me an email so we can get this show on.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
vlubber
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing