TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just beginning a bumper build this afternoon and in the process of removing everything, I need to drop the spare. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I just realize I don't have the fucking spare tire key thing to drop the damn spare, so anyone in the area have one I could borrow, by any chance? Or is there a way to get around this fucking lock? I've thought about welding a socket up there so I could just stick the end of the tool in there to drop it, but I'm not sure I can fit my mig gun up in that tight of a space.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Carry it in the bed for easier access....or make urself a spare tire holder and never have to worry about that crank thing again. thats what i did...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be making a bed carrier for the full size spare once I get the SAS done. For now, the spare will stay in the stock location.

Can you take the lock off? I mean, this was an option right? So I wonder if I can just cut the lock off so I can use the winch with the hook.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wouldnt see why not. Mine didnt come with a lock so i never had the problem....i removed my spare about 1 week after i got the truck because of my dual exhaust. the pipes ran right across where the spare would be sitting...so i fabricated a fabtech style spare holder but didnt use it until i lifted the truck and got a full size matching spare. I know that the question has been asked before, but i dont ever remember seeing and actual answer.....

Edit- Here's the thread
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58931&highlight=unlock+spare

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Hmm, you might be able to hack it so all you need is a large flathead to turn it :D

Not sure though, I've never looked at the thing in detail...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm either going to cut the lock off, or weld in a socket so I can just use the square end of the jack handle to turn it. I got it down by hand, but there's no way I can lift it back up that way, my JO muscles aren't that huge...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I tried to come up with a reply for that, but gave up....

:lmao:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts