TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
It's back near the tank. It's rated to last 90,000 miles (at least it was on my '97). It's pretty expensive. If you do change it, remember to de-pressurize the fuel system first (pull FI fuse and run engine out of gas)

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Red2003 said:
Where is it & how hard is it to change?
It is a little can on the left side of the engine under the intake runners. It is a lifetime non-serviceable unit (i.e there is no specified service interval).

P/N 23300-79446 is only $22.72.

The only thing he got right is that it is pressurized, so a large amount fo fuel will spray then leak out when you disconnect the high pressure fitting.
But since it does not require replacement until you get a symptom of clogging, you can now find another Saturday project. :)

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
97TacoDude said:
It's back near the tank. It's rated to last 90,000 miles (at least it was on my '97). It's pretty expensive. If you do change it, remember to de-pressurize the fuel system first (pull FI fuse and run engine out of gas)
He has a 2.7l. Your V6 filter under the cab is the same price, and is lifetime also (never had a scheduled service interval). It is a much greater PITA to change as you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts