TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everybody is paying for gasoline. Here in Ontario Canada I am paying $.99 per litre ($3.96 per U S gallon).

·
Registered
368 Posts
the last week has been around 3.50 USD/gallon in the San Francisco east bay area

edit: that's the price for premium 91 oct.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Around $2.25 a gallon here in Mass. My truck is pissing through gas so bad this year too. I think I'm averaging like 14-15 MPG all winter long whereas I'm usually at or over 20 with similar driving in winters past. Hoping it's just the extreme cold. I swear this truck's fuel economy goes down by like 4 or 5 MPG more when temps are under 15 degrees in comparison to around 32-35.

Probably something in need of repair that I can't currently investigate due to not having a garage and it's frickin freezing out every day while also being buried in 4+ feet of snow. Sigh.... spring can't get here soon enough.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it is around $3.29 a gallon for premium at my local gas station. But for several months gas prices for all grades, was close to $2.20, only recently prices rose. Me thinks get rid of ethanol shit, really fawk things up!:D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just wondering what everybody is paying for gasoline. Here in Ontario Canada I am paying $.99 per litre ($3.96 per U S gallon).
We hit $1.99 at one local place. Got down to $2.10 for a week or so. Now back up to $2.80 or something around there.
(havent paid for gas in 8 years though :)
LOL)

ECAR - I hired a new dispatch manager, annnnd he's a Canuck!!! It's hilarious.
I used to hate you fuckers - but he's the nicest guy in the world.
Can't hold liquor for shit though - is that normal for you Northern folks?
:)

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We hit $1.99 at one local place. Got down to $2.10 for a week or so. Now back up to $2.80 or something around there.
(havent paid for gas in 8 years though :)
LOL)

ECAR - I hired a new dispatch manager, annnnd he's a Canuck!!! It's hilarious.
I used to hate you fuckers - but he's the nicest guy in the world.
Can't hold liquor for shit though - is that normal for you Northern folks?
:)
Our reputation for being nice/kind is mostly true. Most people I know that like to drink are beer drinkers (I don't like liquor much). Canada is just a kinder, gentler America. Canadians are beer drinking weed smokers (great combo).
Our current government is an American style conservative party so all this Canadians are all liberals is wives tales. We have a strong hunting/gun lobby as well and the current government has loosened the gun laws here quite considerably (abolished the old gun registry completely).

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't look anymore, just fill up. My gf has a Prius we try to drive most of the time.
That's a terrible! I'm so sorry for your loss! (lost manhood lol ;) )

How many MPGs are you getting? I know the advertised number but I'm curious about the real life number.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Honestly, the MPG is best in heavy traffic. I've been able to hyper-mill it to 70 mpg once, but I usually get 50-60mpg. Just filled the tank 2 days ago for $25 at ~$3.40 for a full tank. This usually takes us ~400 miles and ~2 - 2.5 weeks till we need to fill again.

My truck gets 15-17 mpg on 33" inch tires, V6, armor, camper, 5 speed, and 4.30 gears. The odometer states 190-200 for a tank which I know is wrong since my tank is also dented.

·
Registered
368 Posts
damn and here i was being proud of 26-30mpg highway.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
damn and here i was being proud of 26-30mpg highway.
You get 26-30 MPG on the highway in a 3.0? That's crazy good if so.

Best I ever did on my truck the entire 11 years I've had it was 411 miles on 15.9 gallons for 25.85 MPG back in 2008 during the middle of summer when it was nice and warm out. This was mostly highway driving with a long assed trip to Maine and back while really babying it and trying to get good gas mileage..... no speeding or hard acceleration.

I'd love to be able to get anywhere close to that again nowadays. She must be getting old or have some undetected problem resulting in poor efficiency. New plugs have been sitting in my room for weeks and will be going in as soon as warmer weather arrives as well as a full tune-up... hopefully get back a few MPG's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts