TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a quick question for everyone that is familiar with the walbro fuel pump install....When cutting the metal piping my pipe cutting tool pinched the pipe slightly. I tried to make it round the best I could but it is still pinched a little. Will this have a negative affect on anything or am I just worrying too much?

·
Registered
49 Posts
zeek1974 and I just installed his fuel pump yesterday and after cutting the pipe it was kinda out of round. Once the rubber sleeve was over the pump stem and pipe it ran fine. Check with Zeek and to see if he notices anything negative.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
when i installed mine i didnt even bother cutting it i just bent the pipe more so it would clear and it worked fine

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did run after I started it but IM only worried that the rubber piping around the two metal pipes will not create a perfect seal (because of it not being round) and causing a small leak and therefore the pump wouldnt be operating at max capacity.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just wondering.

Did you install the pump from URD?

If so, did the tank unit look like the one in the install guide? Anything in the guide much different on the Tundra?

·
Registered
21 Posts
TroyMM, so far it's still running fine (24 hours of running fine) :D I am going to get the rubber foot from URD as I mentioned to you in a PM. which means I have to take all that crap apart again :( but at least after doing once I think it will go much much faster the second time.

I installed the IK22's today which was pretty easy :)

Can't wait for this installation to all be over with so I can have fun with my truck :xdevil:

·
Registered
49 Posts
glad to hear no problems.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looking at my URD manual for the pump install, the now-shortened fuel line and pump output are connected by a rubber hose, correct? If so, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference if the inlet was a little off or out of round.

Are there any disadvantages with cutting it using a hacksaw? My friend may have a teeny pipe cutter I can borrow- we'll see if he can find it! I can always buy one at home Depot if its use is essential.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
A hack saw will definately cut it, but there are some draw backs. Keep in mind that this whole assembly is a tad flimsy. You start working at it with a hacksaw you may end up bending some stuff.

Also a hacksaw will make a bunch of filings that are going somewhere. You don't want them in your fuel level sensor, the circuits are wide open, or have them stay in the pipe. The end will be jaggad with a hacksaw so if you do that take a Dremel and clean it up a bit and then flush the whole tube out with something.

Remeber, you can get a tubing cutter from Sears for like $5.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did install the pump in the Tundra and everything does look the same as in the pictures. I probably didnt even have to cut the line as the pump was a tight fit but I figured it would be better to leave some space between the two metal pipes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the clarification- going to get the tubing cutter today :)

-Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts