TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

I have a ute that needs additional fuel range and redundancy.

The ute is a 1995 Hilux US model with a passenger fuel tank. Build date Jan 1995

83000 original miles.

Extended Cab. 4wd.

Stock bed is gone.

---The exhaust is rerouted under the cab to a snorkel that goes up behind driver side cab corner for fording.

---This leaves the bed underside available for the second tank.

---Tank must be mounted in between axles. Aft of axle will change weight distribution.

---Canopy is being mounted along with hitch receiver platform. Weight is going to be saved for that.

*I require efi fuel pump redundancy. *

---I can mix and match any manufacturer, as long as line pressures are right for the EFI.

Toyota parts preferred.
---I already have a system selected for tank switchover and gauges. Valves come from the Biodiesel community. They have amazing 3 way viton seal valves with threaded ports that are designed for heavy usage and oils.. NO FSVK-1 fuel valve bullshit.

I design circuits for my job. I am designing the control systems for the pump and gauges with LTspice.

I am keeping emissions equipment systems.

Based on the preceding parameters, I need brainstorming about what fuel tanks fit in that position.

Once I have the information I need, I will create a write-up with the build for the community.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
18,334 Posts
I have one of those models, so I could take some measurements. What you are trying to do is custom work that I'm not aware anybody else has attempted. No writeup or documentation available that I've ever seen. Most go with custom tank or behind the axle tank, not the route you are attempting. Best avenues for researching something like this is to go junkyard hunting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tacoma...

I looked up the 3vz fuel pump. It's the same as the 22re, just different senders! It's also a driver side tank...

How about it? I make dimensional measurments of my tank, and you yours?

The part that tucks under the cab is the part I am worried about. The ass end may fit.

Btw chucky!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts