TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha...didnt get time to finish the post when I started it so I left it.

Anyways I am installing full hydro for my buddy Eric (SupraTT), he got the "kit" from PSC and it is going on his current D44 until said time when he switches to a D60 then I get to do it all over again.

I will skip the bs pics, but got the ram mount done the first weekend:

Mount is made of all 1/2" and 1/4" plate, fully boxed around the axle tube. Even added a sweet toyota logo I had laying around from some yota gussets I bought long ago.

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Repurposed the steering box bolts for his orbital valve mount and for a hose mount to fix the hose pivot at his frame rail.

Obital valve is connected to his steering shaft using a special borgeson u-joint. 3/4" smooth bore on one end, and "dd" on the other. I had to drill and tap for a few set screws on the orbital valve side of the u-joint, as well as grind a few flats on the shaft.

Orbital valve mount (3/8" barstock, 1.75 OD tube):

"Trick" hose mount bracket (center bolt sleeve is long making it impossible to pinch the hydro lines, just tighten and you're set!):

And the installed orbital, u-joint, and hp hoses to the ram:

And the mounted "TC" style pump. Had to make a few spacers to properly locate the pump in the factory bracket:

Next up is mounting the reservoir and cooler, then plumbing the low pressure lines. :D

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop tubes installed and clevis's installed on rack in final position. Only pic I took of the stop tubes going in:

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the resi location determined and the mounting bracket about 95% done last night...going to finish it up tonite!

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished up Erics steering this weekend.

Mounted the resi up as high as possible, even clearanced the underside of the hood a bit, but it clears as it sits.

Resi mount ties into the core support, the radiator mount and the battery mount crossbar.

Nice short supply to the pump as well. Inlet/outlet are at exactly the same elevation.

Mounted the cooler on his front bumper, just under the grill. It will clear the winch just fine, and get great airflow.

And just for future info, the final stop tube length ended up being 1.25" and we are just a hair off the knuckle stops. Bled the system according to PSC and only took about 20 mins and no bubbles.

Heres a few finished shots:

Turns 38.5x15 boggers standing still on pavement with your pinky! :D

Even had my wife test drive it for him:flipoff2:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Where do you live? I'm working on setting up my trail gear one still and might need tips haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in a little town called Cedar Lake. Its about 45 mins from Lafayette. I would be more than willing to help or answer any questions. Just shoot me a PM when the time comes!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks! I don't get on here. Or do anything lately. Work damn near 90 hours and that's about it. Ill let you know :)

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hydro is awesome! It works so good, I can't even tell the difference in effort when the front is locked. It will literally just drag the tire on the ground with complete ease!

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know Eric (SupraTT) is more than thrilled. He has had steering geometry issues for a while and thats why I recommended full hydro with a double ended ram so we could get rid of all the linkage all together.

So far no issues at all when we went to Windrock for SETO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
NwiTACO
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing