TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[I have no idea where to put this thread]

Hey guys, well I was looking for an air mattress to put in the bed of my '07 Taco, and after much searching it seemed no one really was using just a regular air mattress (for going to drive ins, or lounging at the park). After a quick trip to Target, I picked up both a Twin-size and a Full-size (also called a Double) air mattress, along with a 120V electric air pump. Having a plugin in the bed of the truck is very handy, so I unrolled the twin mattress and inflated it. There was lots of room between the mattress and the wheel wells so I used the 'deflate' setting on the air pump and sucked all the air back out of the mattress. Next up, the Full (Double) air mattress. It looked like it was going to be a snug fit as I layed it, and after airing it up I decided it was a perfect fit. Have a look at the pictures for the exact air mattress and air pump I bought, as well as how the air mattress fits in the bed, and a great place to store it.

Coleman Double air mattress:

Coleman air pump:

Air mattress all aired up in the bed (snug fit, but very comfy):

Storing the rolled up air mattress (pictured is the twin mattress, but the double also fits):

Cheers!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Good Idea!

·
Registered
281 Posts
wonder how well it fits in older taco's

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is yours a 6' or 5' bed?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I did the same. I bought a Twin and it was a lot of room so I bought a queen but have not tried it yet it has been sitting in the box, but now I know it will fit. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
It's cake!

wonder how well it fits in older taco's
I have been using a "double" in my 97 extended cab for over 5 years! What is better to inflate the mattress than the 12volt compressor is your Co2 tank!

I used mine and it takes approx. 2 minutes to fully inflate!

My wife actually just got upset with me when I got the CBI tire carrier! Now "we can't use the mattress at the drive in any longer"

If you have double cab, it will still work, it will just hang over the tail gate some when you have the gate down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats cool. How much is the doublebed and how much is the pump? Gonna have to get one of those. Thanks
18 for the mattress and 16 for the pump, all purchased at Target.

Oh, and the pump also has a deflate nozzle, so I just hook it up and the mattress is deflated and ready to be rolled up in a minute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts