TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother and i just pulled the D44 full width front end out of a 66 ford f150 custom, and a full width 8.8 from a 87 bronco to SAS his 1994 ford explorer, and this got me thinking. To run full widths on a tacoma which front/rear end would you use? I did some searching but not too much came up about full widths (theres more than you can count using a waggy D44). Anybody done full width sas? ive seen them around up here in Placerville so i know its possible, but how?

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Uhm yeah. Quite a few are using the full width 44's. The prefered axle seems to be the 78/79 Ford Bronco HP 44 (which I also used). Folks are also using the even wider Dana 60 axles too. Here again, the desired axle is a from a 78/79 Ford truck. These are highly sought after and are considered gold when you get one. As for pics, since this has already been discussed a kajillion times, do a search and those threads have pics gallore. Pirate 4x4 also has threads on this topic in the Toyota section.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just installed a FF D60 rear from a '79 Ford F-250, & I've got a front D60 from a "02 F-250 that I'm going to eventually install. There have been several full width sas' builds. The front D60 from 78-79 Fords is sought after b/c it's a kingpin axle which is said to be stronger than the ball-joint type. I'd use one if I had it, but under these lightweight tacos the ball-joint D60's will survive just fine. My only problem is I'll have two different lug patterns (front is 8x170mm, rear is 8 on 6.5) so I'll have to decide how to handle that issue. I think full width is the only way to go for me. I can always narrow my track width a bit by changing to the offset/backspace of the wheels I choose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey costman13 i live in p vile where you at? im doing a sac on my junk with fullwidths soon .. still gathering parts tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts