TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a fabtech 6" installed on another taco of mine. Its a 2001 body style. I was talking to a guy with an 2005 and he was telling me he had his fabtech 6" "fully cranked" to 8". What does this mean? And if you do it, are you giving up offroad ability for the extra height?

thanks,

brad

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bc i dont trust him...lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
when i hear fully cranked i think torsion bars for some reason. do the new tacos have them?

·
Registered
558 Posts
What this guy is trying to say is that he doesn't know jack about what someone did to his truck.

Not sure about 05+ but on an 01 they only drop the diff 4", so your cv angles are maxed at 6. You could put spacers if you wanted to, but it is highly NOT recommended.

Ryan

·
Registered
233 Posts
well i am thinking he got the kit with coilovers.. and i am not sure but they might be able to adjust the ride hieght on them. I do not know for sure though. If so that is what he did and his cv's are blown by now i am sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Oppositeboy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing