TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been working on this little daily driver project for a little over a month. 93 2wd with 22re and 5 speed. Had a chance to run it in Glamis last weekend and was very pleased with the performance. Truck sucked everything up very well and was not bouncy at all. The only issues I need to address are related to tire clearance. Need to cut the large lip out of the inside of the front wheel well and push the rear bedsides out a little more. How have others addressed the issue with the lip inside the front wheel well? Anybody know how far I can push out the top of the steel bed sides without causing damage?:saw:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nice truck you got there :) Front tires should just self clearance. If you feel the need, hit it with a hammer a few times, lol. That's what I did. Toyota bedsides do not respond as well as ranger's do to being pulled. You're better off just leaving them alone and saving up for bedsides.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You can pull them like 1-2 inches, any further it'll crease most likely which shows more on darker color trucks. I have no idea what color yours is (colorblind) but it definitely qualifies for dark.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front tires should just self clearance.
Yeah, they already did a lot of self clearancing, but the what is left of the lip cut a pretty nasty groove in the front tires. I'll have to bang on it a little more with the hammer to see how much I can flatten the lip out.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Ahh now I see why you went all black....everything looks bro to you...

Someone should have powder coated your arms pink and you wouldn't have even noticed! J/K
It all makes sense at last I know. I can still see contrast :rolleyes: although that'd be pretty ballin'. Hope my shackles got there alright!

·
Registered
704 Posts
:redx:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it, be a great DD and have the prerunner look.
Thanks. Get's twice the gas milage as my 2500HD. Doing a lot more driving for work now, and putting the miles on my 2500HD was killing me. In gas savings alone the truck will pay for itself in just over 1 year. Not to mention keeping the miles down and value up on my 2500HD.

·
Registered
760 Posts
nice project ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
as far as the front goes your suck beating on them with a sledge hammer. if you cut it off your gona be screwed with out an engine cage because that pinch weld supports the radiator support.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts