TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s 06 double cab does this real cool noise in the morning/ when its cold. When you start it and put it in reverse there's a sounds like an abs pump running in the passenger front fender. Its rather loud, ( my neighbor has heard it from his driveway and asked what it is) the dealership says, they think it is just a part of the air intake rubbing in the fender but they cant seem to get it to stop. They have checked it 3 times with no luck.

I have spent many mornings trying to find the noise and cant, so has any one else had this go on? How did you fix it or any other suggestions? It only does it in reverse and will do it until the truck warms halfway up, then it stops.

I am not truck stupid by any means but this is starting to make me want to pull my hair out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Well, there IS an ABS pump under there, and it DOES run when you first move the truck.

Mine is barely noticable, probably mostly because of the fast idle.

It runs for about 1/2 second. BRRR. Then it's quiet.

Could it be that yours is noisy?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
OOOOH!

Look at your motor mounts!

There have been some that had the mounts break away from the frame, and the first sign of trouble is the fan rubbing the shrouds.

Read about it herePics on post#52

·
Registered
38 Posts
fast frank said:
Well, there IS an ABS pump under there, and it DOES run when you first move the truck.

Mine is barely noticable, probably mostly because of the fast idle.

It runs for about 1/2 second. BRRR. Then it's quiet.

Could it be that yours is noisy?
Mine does the exact same thing as yours. It seems like when I start my truck and just start to move I hear the same thing. I was getting ready to take it to the stealership for a check up. I think this is normal.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Yes, the ABS does a self-test when you first move the truck.

It's normal.

But it's not loud enough for the neighbors to hear it.

I hope it's not BOWTOY's motor mounts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first thought was the abs pump doing its self check at start up but my noise will last approximately 1-5 mins so I dont think that is the abs. From my understanding the abs pump will only run a few seconds when it "primes itself".

I will check the motor mounts, never thought of that, since the truck only has 4800 miles on it and the noise started at 1000 miles.

everything works fine on the truck, except this stupid noise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but my truck does the exact same thing. Whenever the engine is warm I don't hear the noise, and I only hear it in reverse. Did anyone ever figure out what's going on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts