TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out to explore the condition of a little local trail today.
a dude from work in a 93? trooper and his chum in a full sz ext cab chet. both of em had either bald all ssns or all ssns. i had my 265 grandtrek snow tires on.
it was a spontaneous thing really and i knew that the majority of the trail would still be under water with a nice layer of ice on top.

i could tell these dudes were a little gung ho and didnt know the first thing about this trail so i led the way crawlin along in first 4hi. we get out a couple times to scout ahead and determine we can only go so far. so we drive up to that really swampy icy area, get out and look around, and start bull shitting before reversin out. trooper man says he wants to try the 200 foot long swamp/ice (cause hes got lockers front and rear or so he thinks). i say ok ill scoot my truck over and u can squeeze through and give er. at this point we are all parked in about 9 inches of frosty mud / rock/ marsh?. my truck is furthest in w 2 wheels in a deeper mud rut and 2 on solid frozen ground w about 4 inches of mud on top. isuzu man is next and he stopped in some uneven ruts behind me. chet man is last in and is on rather solid mud/frost.
we go to switch up and the trooper is stuck. bottomed stuck.

this is where dude figured out it wasnt locked. now hes dug in pretty bad and theres no way out even w chet man pullin him. we stack rocks in the ruts he moves foreward we stack rocks he is able to reverse out w a tug. they both back out and now i gotta go thru the ruts he made. umm idonno if my truck is special but it just slodiered thru. got to test the skid in reverse and it took a couple nice hits. 4 hi reverse (std) while trooper was in 4 lo for rest of the time. we all got out. lucky we did cause we were pretty unprepared and i would have been stuck there behind the trooper till we got it goin again.

translation: be prepared and let your friends lead when going out. oh and bring a camera so you end up with a bit more than a rambling nonsensical blurb.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
be careful pulling in reverse. i hear the gears are weaker in reverse than goin forwards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts