TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading up on the cs144 swap and it seems like a lot of people run a fused wire from the alt output straight to the battery. Is there any reason not to use a good bussman 150a circuit breaker instead of the big anl fuse?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
No and I don't even use a fuse between the alternator output and the battery. The diodes in the alternator would give up the ghost before the thick wire I'm running to the battery would burn so it's more or less self fusing. However in my truck a welder sits between the alternator and the battery. There is a fuse in the fuse box for the input to the fuse box and the rest of the trucks wiring. The only thing that isn't fused is the starter or maybe a winch in most cases. For those I use #2 welding cable to the battery.
Fuses are there essentially to keep the wiring from getting hot and burning down your truck.

So I've been reading up on the cs144 swap and it seems like a lot of people run a fused wire from the alt output straight to the battery. Is there any reason not to use a good bussman 150a circuit breaker instead of the big anl fuse?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts