TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have a website, a forum, and members, I'd say we are 100% official!

There's no better time to start thinking about the future than now. We're off to a great start, and with a little work, we can have a awesome active chapter.

I'd like to start thinking about some things we could do in the future. Here's my ideas:

1. Adopt-a-trail at the Superlift Park in Hot Springs. Info here: http://orvpark.com/adopt-a-trail.asp. We'd get good exposure that way, and would be helping take care of the park we all enjoy.

2. Start reaching out to local business (4x4 shops, dealerships, tire shops, etc.) and getting our name out there. Maybe we can get some sponsorships from these places, and have decent raffles, meals, etc. at our larger events.

Those are the 2 biggest ones that have been rolling around in my head for a few months now.

Other ideas? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
definately hook up with some buisnesses, how ever possible. Those buisnesses will be the ones who sponsor some raffels in the future. How could we get in the good graces of these places, and what could we do for them?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
We need a list of some 4x4 shops and custom shops in Arkansas. I would like to know whats out there for custom work. I know there is a place in Hot Springs, but I dunno the name.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
definately hook up with some buisnesses, how ever possible. Those buisnesses will be the ones who sponsor some raffels in the future. How could we get in the good graces of these places, and what could we do for them?
Probably just stop by, talk nice, and see what happens. Or leverage that "x amount of people will see your FREE ad on t-shirts, banners, etc. if you can donate some wheels for a raffle :D ".

We need a list of some 4x4 shops and custom shops in Arkansas. I would like to know whats out there for custom work. I know there is a place in Hot Springs, but I dunno the name.
Skidz Jeep and 4x4 - Hot Springs (at Superlift)
Rock City 4x4 - Little Rock
Mud Connection - Little Rock
Midstate Accessory Center - Alexander/Little Rock
Steve's Speed and Truck - Little Rock

Those are the ones I'm aware of around my area. I'm sure there are more.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
i was thinking about the tire shop thing a few weeks ago,

just like many professional offroaders do they get parts and stuff at huge discounts for advertising on there rigs, kinda like i do with Marlin

Josh we can also help with trails at the Ross Foundation. I know they would like to put up signs but asshats keep shooting them and tearing them down

same with the Ouachita National Forest, i have been to the Jessieville and MtIda ranger stations and they said if theres a road that was closed after the ice storm that we wanted to clear they would work with us to reopen them

FR 219 is a prime example, i'll try and scan the map i bought up there

and scan my maps of the Ross foundation

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh we can also help with trails at the Ross Foundation. I know they would like to put up signs but asshats keep shooting them and tearing them down
Helping to maintain the Ross Foundation is a loosing battle. The place is so open, that anyone (and everyone) can ride around back there. Signs would be awesome. There used to be street signs at the major intersections when the 911 system was implemented, but now all of them are stolen or shot down. :(

About the only thing you can do is to pickup trash when you see it.

How about you get a key to some of the gates :xsmokin1: , namely the fire tower road, and the northeast corner near Jack Mtn. That corner is nearly untouched, and has some nice rocky valleys that we might could play on.

Edit: could I get a copy of your Ross Foundation map?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Helping to maintain the Ross Foundation is a loosing battle. The place is so open, that anyone (and everyone) can ride around back there. Signs would be awesome. There used to be street signs at the major intersections when the 911 system was implemented, but now all of them are stolen or shot down. :(

About the only thing you can do is to pickup trash when you see it.

How about you get a key to some of the gates :xsmokin1: , namely the fire tower road, and the northeast corner near Jack Mtn. That corner is nearly untouched, and has some nice rocky valleys that we might could play on.

Edit: could I get a copy of your Ross Foundation map?
Josh,
Farrell was asking me if we ever had a problem with the "Dirt Riders" out there at the Ross Foundation. I said no, and he acted surprised. Apparently, some of the dirt bikers think they have exclusive rights to the land, and even go so far as to say they lease it for their use. Thought that was pretty funny, and something to keep in mind if any of those guys give us any grief.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Josh,
Farrell was asking me if we ever had a problem with the "Dirt Riders" out there at the Ross Foundation. I said no, and he acted surprised. Apparently, some of the dirt bikers think they have exclusive rights to the land, and even go so far as to say they lease it for their use. Thought that was pretty funny, and something to keep in mind if any of those guys give us any grief.
they have some sort of event there every year but they dont lease it by any means

the director is more than willing to work with us if we choose to have a event there

which i really want to get some of the out of towners out there at least one day in september

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts