TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-For future reference the correct ubolt diameter is 3.25 inches, they will look like they wont seat on the axle tube, but once tightend, they cinch up and the gap disappears.

-I used Rough Stuffs Axle kit, leaf perches, ubolts, top plates etc.
i dont know if it was a mistake on their part but the center pin hole was smaller than 1/2". thats a hair smaller than stock. and Im using beefy center pins, like a 12.9 grade metric socket cap bolt Ive used ever since my aal center pin broke way back.
my solution was to flap disk the head on my pins down till they fit the tiny hole on the perch, and I reused the All Pro flip kit top plate so the shank of the pin would fit. didnt feel like drilling through the new half inch thick top plates.

Ok, getting close to swapping the rear. Don't ask why I did the rear first. It's a long story and it just worked out this way.

Watching the junkyard remove my new axles.

Giving them a bath.

Boner.

Strippin em down to see whats good.

Removing all the link brackets.

Trying to get the rust off. :rolleyes: :banghead:

tractor paint works awesome btw.

the goods

Random neato truck pic.

Welding in TG inspection plug. Oughta make filling the thing easier too.

Ill eventually be getting another rear and turning it into a front with mini outers as time and $ allow.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
so thats how my jack stands got spray paint on them

let me know what day you want to start the swap man.... im open both friday and saturday to help you out.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
shoulda got a pic of how low your truck was squattin with that load. looks like you got alota work ahead of you thoso good luck with it. looks great so far.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shoulda got a pic of how low your truck was squattin with that load. looks like you got alota work ahead of you thoso good luck with it. looks great so far.
yeah it was squattin. took the highway to macon, took back roads home because I was so loaded down my acceleration and braking wasnt much to brag about. heck it isnt when im empty.

i might have a pic, ill look.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Hey did you ever get your front end working? What was wrong?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spiders crapped in my diff. :p

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
How much did the axles set ya back?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
You mean you dont know how much money came out of your wallet when you got them. Hell if so let me know where ya got them and I'll get me some too. :flipoff4:

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You heard the figure at Stonewall and that day you taught me you dont tell people how much you paid when you get that smokin of a deal. So if you dont remember thats your fault :D Roach is close, but Ive been shopping for more and havent found any. At junkyards anyways. Got lucky I guess. More peeps need to wreck their Cruisers. :D

1 - 20 of 134 Posts