·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I have the sst for the rear axle bearing "nut". If that's what you're asking.

·
Registered
947 Posts
You can get by without the sst for the hub nut, but obviously it's easier with it. There are 2 or 3 small phillips head screws that fasten a keyed washer in place...Make sure you don't strip those out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can get by without the sst for the hub nut, but obviously it's easier with it. There are 2 or 3 small phillips head screws that fasten a keyed washer in place...Make sure you don't strip those out.
Intermixed with the phillips head screws are three screws with funky ends that have a hole on the head, surrounded by very shallow flat headish scribes on each side of the hole. Do you need to remove these screws or is it just part of the washer?

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Intermixed with the phillips head screws are three screws with funky ends that have a hole on the head, surrounded by very shallow flat headish scribes on each side of the hole. Do you need to remove these screws or is it just part of the washer?
We know you have a camera, take a picture for us! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
This is the SST.

Rear ff axle nuts

Those cylindrical things with the holes and slots are just part of the nut.

If you look closely at the edge of the spindle you will notice what looks like a "nick". Those are supposed to be there.

I'll see if I can find a better pic.

Here, if you look closely you can see one about 4-5 o'clock on the end of the spindle. There appear to be 4nicks. You only need to line up the closest slotted cylinder to the closest nick so you can install the two screws.

When torquing the nut, best I recall, you torque to the proper preload, but turn it forward or backward as necessary to line up one of those slots on one of those cylinders with the nick in the spindle.

I always prefer to go forward, or a little tighter.

Lining up the two marks, you are actually lining up the nut with the washer so that two of the holes are lined up allowing you to install the two set screws.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hows that ORS harness working out?? Any problems with resistors getting hot or burning up the elock motor?
Its worked flawlessly. Ive never had a problem. There are no resistors only relays.

Ive tried to post it up for you but everytime whether I try and attach it to the post or remotely upload it to an album somewhere Ive always had trouble of some sort. Its not a big file or anything. Just a pic of a hand drawn schematic.

Ive been meaning to suggest email. if you PM me an email I'll give that a shot. I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Its just for some reason the forum attachment method doesnt like it and photobucket and facebook are slow on my computer and freeze up screwing the upload.

·
Registered
947 Posts
On page 2 or 3 Jack mentioned resistors, that threw me off. If ORS only uses relays im guessing the wiring looks similar to the diagram below, which is the style harness im planning on making. I'd like to compare your hand drawn to this diagram.

Glad to hear some feed back. Of all the research i've done, i have read little to no feedback on how the motor has held up.

·
Registered
690 Posts
We know you have a camera, take a picture for us! ;)
I haven't been to the shop this week, sorry :(

This is the SST.

Rear ff axle nuts

Those cylindrical things with the holes and slots are just part of the nut.
Ok, the phillips head things on the axle nut is what I was asking about, thanks for the clarification. Where'd you get the sst from?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Rear ff axle nuts

By the way, my nuts look slightly different than yours. Each of the heads on my nuts have a hole in them. I haven't found a use for the holes yet. Anyway, I'm not sure that I'm comfortable posting pictures of my nuts on a public forum :eek:, and you should be ashamed of yourself for encouraging me to do so.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Anyway, I'm not sure that I'm comfortable posting pictures of my nuts on a public forum :eek:, and you should be ashamed of yourself for encouraging me to do so.

wut? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
What can I say, it was cold that day! Besides, I distinctly remember that you had your nuts proudly on display that weekend too :D
Lol, those were colins.. I do take them out of my purse every once in a while ;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Looks like a tool that only Toyota would have. Maybe snap-on or matco would have it.

edit: Or make it yourself :D
The local stealership told me they couldn't get it. I'm thinking about making my own. I'll keep you guys posted with my design if I go that route.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts