TTORA Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Coming, but not soon. :rolleyes:

Can't see some of the photos for some reason, this may be a repost, lathed a new snap ring groove on the 80 stubs enabling locking hubs to be used.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I saw "GOT COPE?" had updated the FZJ80 Axle build thread and thought to myself.. OH SNAP. But no..
Yeah, sorry for the disappointment. Remember how that feels so you don't disappoint us whilst dodging lug nuts. :D

I've been wanting to SAS since I started wheeling but its always just out of reach. Although I have enjoyed every minute of the IFS and seeing what it can do. I am getting good at collecting parts, hopefully one day ill wake up and realize I have everything and can start cutting. :rolleyes:

On another note ORS is back in business, since March, but I just noticed last night. They make awesome elocker harnesses, and I'm sure there engine harnesses are just as impressive. www.offroadsolutions.com

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yeah, sorry for the disappointment. Remember how that feels so you don't disappoint us whilst dodging lug nuts. :D

I've been wanting to SAS since I started wheeling but its always just out of reach. Although I have enjoyed every minute of the IFS and seeing what it can do. I am getting good at collecting parts, hopefully one day ill wake up and realize I have everything and can start cutting. :rolleyes:

On another note ORS is back in business, since March, but I just noticed last night. They make awesome elocker harnesses, and I'm sure there engine harnesses are just as impressive. www.offroadsolutions.com
I keep hoping you can start on your swap too. So I can copy you many moons down the road. :D

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts

Just start cutting so you have to keep working on it to get it finished.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Just start cutting so you have to keep working on it to get it finished.
Good idea. I'll ask Marshall if he's got a spot in his garage. :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hey Colin. I am working on some of the wiring for the E-locker. It occurred to me that I dont know how to route the harness I am going to make. I plan to run it out of the grommet under the driver's seat and follow the harness down the frame rail, but how should I jump from the frame rail to the axle? I assume I could piggy back on the E-brake cable, but I wont have one starting out. Another option is run it down with the brake line or axle vent tube.. Or I guess I could let it run hung out by itself??? How did you run yours? I am probably over thinking it, but I just dont want the wires to flex too much..

Just incase anyone is wondering the FJ E-lockers work the same way the Tacoma/4Runner E-lockers. The only thing that changes is the wiring color...

FZJ80 Elocker wiring diagram

I am planning to use the stock Tacoma/4runner button. Here is a LINK of how im going to do it. Note the wire colors in the link are for the Tacoma/4Runner locker.

This picture shows the FZJ80 rear locker pins, wire color, and what the wires do. the last color is the color of the Tacoma harness wires. Pin 1 is open or N/A...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man. Hate to revive this, but was wondering a few things.

1. Did you leave the 80 full width?
2. If not, how did you shorten it?
3. Are you still running it offset? If so, how's the vibes? Running regular DS or two double cardans?
4. Do you happen to know what the offset is? Seems everyone figures it's "somewhere between 4 and 8"... can't find anything definitive.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Hey man. Hate to revive this, but was wondering a few things.

1. Did you leave the 80 full width?
2. If not, how did you shorten it?
3. Are you still running it offset? If so, how's the vibes? Running regular DS or two double cardans?
4. Do you happen to know what the offset is? Seems everyone figures it's "somewhere between 4 and 8"... can't find anything definitive.
1. Yes
3. Negligible, Factory Taco
4. Roughly 2.5" I think. I know I remember the taco pinion is actually not dead center. I can't remember if it's 2.5" or 2.5" more than factory but it's not as far off center as you'd think.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts